THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

void shield generator

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
CptMetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

void shield generator  Empty
PostSubject: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 07:43

I need one for a team apocalypse fight but I don't own one.
How would you create a dark Eldar y one?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 08:22

FYI, the Void Shield Generator has a 5" x 5" footprint, and stands 9 1/2" tall.

My feeling would be that it should be a portable unit. Something the Dark Eldar can transport through a Webway Portal and deploy as a bunker point during a raid.
But at the same time, you'd think Eldar technology would be sleeker and smaller than the Human effort.
So my tempatation would be to say what is basically a tower containing a lounge, in which sit those Kabalites/Archosn too lazy to take part in the fight themselves, with a central pillar acting as the generator.

Alternatively, some kind of missile with a generator built in?

Or a ship?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 09:11

Hmmm, how about something that looks like it folds out or deploys in some way?

I'm thinking something standing on 4 gently curved legs (with spikes on of course), with a big circle on top with what looks like a portal/shield in the centre.

Caveat: turns out it's really difficult to describe what I'm picturing in my head!
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 11:14

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Hmmm, how about something that looks like it folds out or deploys in some way?

I'm thinking something standing on 4 gently curved legs (with spikes on of course), with a big circle on top with what looks like a portal/shield in the centre.

Caveat: turns out it's really difficult to describe what I'm picturing in my head!

One of those static electric balls where the plasma follows your hand?

I'd make it look like it grew. Like evil eldar wraithbone.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 12:44

In my headcannon, it would be some sort of black glass/metal spear that falls out of the sky (from a hidden webway opening no doubt) to impale the ground in the area of the battle (causing further fear/pain/distruction).

Then after the battle, they throw the thing back into the webway and onto the next battle field.

Ultimately it would need to be very portable
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 13:54

Screamer bell pushed by grots
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 14:03

RedRegicide wrote:

One of those static electric balls where the plasma follows your hand?

I'd make it look like it grew. Like evil eldar wraithbone.

Hell yeah that'd look cool Smile

RedRegicide wrote:
Screamer bell pushed by grots

That'd be kickass too!

Make both and we'll see which one is coolest Wink

Is there a unit in another army that produces a forcefield? You could have a big cage with a captive one of those inside that they port around to various battlefields for their own nefarious uses Smile
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 14:14

Maybe like some kind of enslaved super brain entity?

What's a screamer bell?
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 14:18

Zoantropes have a field. You could do a ball of spinning parts as some kind of generator for a super shadow field. It's look like a mass with stuff orbiting it
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 14:18

Skaven war machine from fantasy
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 14:59

RedRegicide wrote:
Zoantropes have a field. You could do a ball of spinning parts as some kind of generator for a super shadow field. It's look like a mass with stuff orbiting it

There you go Smile caged Zoanthrope with various DEldar-looking implants on its brain, projecting a forcefield.

Would that be fluffy or would the Dark Eldar's distrust and fear of psychic stuff mean that'd be unlikely...
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 15:58

Well nid psychics are different. Nids have been captured for the games, why not some crazed haemonculus experimenting on it
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2016, 19:01

We also know that the Haemi have captured a small fleet fragment to experiment with. Seems that life from "beyond the Galactic Plane" could have a hint how to deal with the whole "soul sucked by Slaanesh" thing
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2016, 09:48

I read this, then went shopping, and whilst out saw something, and was inspired.

I quite like the captured Zoan idea, or any Psyker really.

So, this being Christmas, go out and a get a "Make Your Own Bauble" kit. They tend to come in two clear plastic semi-sphere parts, you put your own contents inside, and seal. Get, build Zoan or other Psyker for the interior, seal, put on correctly sized machine (5x5" footprint, 9 1/2" height).
Bam. Zoan PLUS Orb.

I may use this idea myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2016, 11:12

Great idea Smile

Do it! And post pics Wink
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 19:15

I know Im late to the party but this is one I designed and made Along with a Bastion (with escape hatch, there are some insane tricks you can do with them) These are both 9" tall, the Bastion is .... skinnier than normal ones BUT I wanted it to be DE feel Smile

void shield generator  1BHpfQX

EDIT: Here is a more detail pic. http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/621689-Fast%20pic%20idea.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: void shield generator    void shield generator  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

void shield generator
Page 1 of 1