THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair Falcon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 07:33

Thoughts and opinions?

Loadout? Reaver or Voidstorm? Crew weapons? Deepstrike?

I'm getting one tomorrow and have no experience with using transports without firing points.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2016, 15:50

I have not used a falcon, so I cant really give you any tactical advice. But I have seen them used, Pulse laser and scatter laser for best results shooting wise.

I recommend putting a not assaulty unit in the tank as it is not open topped or an assault vehicle. Usually I see fire dragons, so I would recommend a unit that can take some blasters or fusion guns.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 16:32

You cant put a Baron in it, so you will have to have either another Troop or elite for him to be placed in.

An option is to spam S6 shots for Light vehicle and AI (this is what I do) Scatter Lasers are Free if going more for Light Tanks, I like to take Scatter Laser and Shuriken Cannon. This gives 2 more shots for 7 S6 and your Pulse Laser.

The troops inside, keep them Cheap, you could swap the guns for Shuriken for Rending troops if you dont need the Range.

The other option is to take a Bright Lance for AT only, this is a fine option as well, but sense I have Hornets and Warp Hunters It isnt really needed for me.

Personally I dont like the Falcon, its to costly, I'd rather save the points for other more important units. a 95pt DS, JSJ unit with Fusion Guns and Shuriken Catapults wrecks most things.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 17:46

I don't take barons. Void Dreamer in the command crew, Prince in the cotorie, both attached to dangerous things from other factions. Grotesques/Sslyths/Reavers etc.

I'm with you on shelling out for the shuriken cannon. As for the guys inside I see about 3 options: Pistols with flamers, Pistols with shredders, lasblasters with blasters, and any of the aforementioned with a SGT with a venomblade or an MPK depending on prince.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 19:00

amorrowlyday wrote:
I don't take barons. Void Dreamer in the command crew, Prince in the cotorie, both attached to dangerous things from other factions. Grotesques/Sslyths/Reavers etc.

I'm with you on shelling out for the shuriken cannon.  As for the guys inside I see about 3 options: Pistols with flamers, Pistols with shredders, lasblasters with blasters, and any of the aforementioned with a SGT with a venomblade or an MPK depending on prince.

lol Yeah I dont really use the void dreamers all to much, I should star tot tho, I never have luck with powers so I just didnt think about it.

Im not a fan of Shredder due to 0 AP but I play against many SM armies.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corsair Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Falcon   Corsair Falcon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair Falcon
Page 1 of 1