THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Falcon vs Fire Prisim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ArchonSorrin
Slave
ArchonSorrin

Falcon vs Fire Prisim Empty
PostSubject: Falcon vs Fire Prisim   Falcon vs Fire Prisim I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07 2019, 19:15

With the new box set coming out and coming with a falcon I've been looking on the internet at analysis of the falcon. I don't understand why everyone hates on the vehicle and loves the fire prisim. When I used math hammer.com to compare the middle firing mode of the fire prisim (which seems like the best version) to a bright lance equipped falcon the fire prisim only really outclasses it versus toughness 8. It seems that you give up a small damage output for a like 20 pts cheaper platform and a transport capacity which seems like a fair trade.

Can anyone shed light on this? Am I missing something? Is my analysis completely off?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Falcon vs Fire Prisim   Falcon vs Fire Prisim I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07 2019, 19:53

ArchonSorrin wrote:
With the  new box set coming out and coming with a falcon I've been looking on the internet at analysis of the falcon. I don't understand why everyone hates on the vehicle and loves the fire prisim. When I used math hammer.com to compare the middle firing mode of the fire prisim (which seems like the best version) to a bright lance equipped falcon the fire prisim only really outclasses it versus toughness 8.  It seems that you give up a small damage output for a like 20 pts cheaper platform and a transport capacity which seems like a fair trade.

Can anyone shed light on this? Am I missing something? Is my analysis completely off?

You are missing the stratagem for the Fire Prism, otherwise no one uses them either. And if you need a transport the WS is just better. The falcon sucks as a heavy and transport combine, when you need to move 20" it sucks at shooting, when you need to stand still and shoot it sucks at transporting.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
ArchonSorrin
Slave
ArchonSorrin

PostSubject: Re: Falcon vs Fire Prisim   Falcon vs Fire Prisim I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07 2019, 23:57

Oh okay that makes sense. So I'm not a competitive player obvs (as my question demonstrates) but I like to win in my gaming group. Is there anyway to make the falcon useful? Cause it is a cool model!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Falcon vs Fire Prisim   Falcon vs Fire Prisim I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08 2019, 00:34

ArchonSorrin wrote:
Oh okay that makes sense. So I'm not a competitive player obvs (as my question demonstrates) but I like to win in my gaming group. Is there anyway to make the falcon useful? Cause it is a cool model!

Honestly, not really. But there is a chance that they will get buff this next release, they are in the Psychic Awakening box set.

But if you are not competitive they are still fine to play, take 3 of them with cheap troops inside and just get them out later when you need to take objectives.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falcon vs Fire Prisim   Falcon vs Fire Prisim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falcon vs Fire Prisim
Page 1 of 1