THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Player Army Ideas

Go down 
+3
Vasara
Darklight
Jubod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

New Player Army Ideas Empty
PostSubject: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 07:47

Hey guys I'm a new dark eldar player and I need some help building my army. I'm going to be playing mainly against Imperial Guard Armies. They are going to have lots of tanks. If anyone could suggest which units are a must and which I should avoid for my list, that would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 08:00

Imperial guard are an hard matchup for us. We really struggle against armour and high firepower like that.

The best unit to take IG are beasts, if those beasts get in to his parking lot they are in big problems. But ususaly they are shot to pieces long before that.

I would suggest
a) Vect, because you cant afford NOT to start.
b) 3 Ravagers with Dark lances
c) A beast group accompanied with Baron Sathonyx

Thinks that might work
Reavers (I am not a fan of them, but I imagine they can do some hurt when played correctly)
Eldar allies

Things to avoid:
Slow moving units
Coven units

Hope this helps, good luck Smile

Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 08:03

Thanks for the advice! What exactly is a vect?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 08:04

Vect is a special characther that gives you 4+ to sieze initative.

Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 08:04

Oh okay awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 09:58

Should I take Vect on the dias of destruction?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 10:05

No.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 10:39

Also on another note, should I take kabalite warriors? And if so what weapon should I take with them a splinter cannon or a dark lance?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 11:03

Jubod wrote:
Also on another note, should I take kabalite warriors? And if so what weapon should I take with them a splinter cannon or a dark lance?
Neither, warriors are fragile troops who will die fast. Well all our troops are, and if you go warriors, then blaster or nothing.

And put them in a veichle.

Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 11:03

Then what should I take for my troop selections?
Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 20:00

Would scourges be useful against tanks?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 21:52

If you're looking for general information about how various DE units/models function in game, I'd suggest browsing through the tactics section of this site. If you're looking for an army list to help you decide what models to buy, I'd first define exactly what points level you'd normally be playing at, then you can find several example lists here in this section of the site. Find one you like the sound/look of, and run with it.

We can give advice on building/tweaking lists here, but most people won't scratch-build you a custom list.
Back to top Go down
Jubod
Slave
Jubod

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 23:44

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 01:48

I heard avoid coven units. "FLUFFY, WE HAVE A TRAITOR!" -hungry Talos comes out-
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 06:17

Jubod wrote:
Then what should I take for my troop selections?

Take what you like to play is usually a good place to start. And then build on efficiency from there. 5 Warriors with a Blaster in either Raider or Venom is good. Also, 5 Wyches with Haywire grenades, again in either Raider or Venom works well too, but require completely different styles and army builds to function properly

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 07:39

I keep seeing a lot of hate for Vects ride, but I've used a number of times at 2000 points to great success. Our opponents aren't used to seeing it and will waste firepower that can destroy our normal transports on the dias. The look on their face when you tell them armour 13 is priceless. Under 2000 I wouldn't field it, but its one of the few tricks we have that still works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Army Ideas   New Player Army Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player Army Ideas
Page 1 of 1