THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New race rumours

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 15:28

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, seeing as it's a rumour but not a Dark Eldar one, but anyway...

A friend just pointed me in the direction of Warseer. I didn't care for it much, there seemed to be a lot more bickering, it wasn't laid out clearly enough, amongst other things, but I digress. He sent me over there after he got all excited about a new race coming out who will supposedly be allied with the Tau - the Demiurg. Apparently they're sort of a reworking of Squats or something. Rumours and pictures seem to have dried up since about March/April time though, and it struck me as quite bizarre that if there have been rumours circulating for that long they wouldn't have announced something, even concept designs, at Games Day. It sounds dodgy to me, but I don't fancy trawling the internet any longer to find concrete denials or confirmations. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about them?

Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 15:58

I heard about them about a year ago. Forgeworld already makes ships for them for the Tau to use for Battlefleet Gothic games. Really the reason we havn't heard anything new is because right now GW has a closed lip plan right now because they are havn't problems with other company about copyrights. It seems that if GW came up with the rules and another company made a model for it and then GW makes a model the other company can sue them for breaking their copyright. But its been in the works for sometime about the Demiurg now and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next Tau codex and also alittle more info the Demiurgs are the ones that gave the Tau Ion techology.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 16:08

My friend did cite the existence of the Battlefleet Gothic ship as indication of their imminent arrival. The Tau seem like a great way to bring a number of different ideas to 40k, as their fluff allows for all manner of alliances. Quite clever on the part of GW, I have to say. And it allows them the luxury of releasing different races without having to release an entire Codex for them. Thanks for that info!

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 16:09

Basically, they are fat Tau Surprised

New race rumours 538px-Demiurg

More informations here and here

To be honest... those guys are PERFECT for my "secret non 40k but wargaming project".
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 16:31

They kind of remind me of the Volus from the Mass Effect games, if that's what they're going to look like. I'm unsure about them personally - I like the fact that 40k is different to WFB, and this just seems to be an attempt to make them more similar by bringing a dwarf race into it. If they look good and make a degree of sense then that's fair enough, plus it might give all the people who have old Squat models lying around something to use them for...

Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 22:58

It may happen as an addendum to Tau - to give them warp technology as at the moment tau don't have warp drives which is baaaaaaad!

But as for a race of their own I doubt it - Mantic has launched their 'forge fathers' line which essentially are squats.

PS:

Quote :
A Typical Warseer Mod:This thread is not specifically on topic as it is more a discussion of an old rumour *thread closed*

Why I don't go there. (Also they didn't like me referring to Apple as a cult - and I use a mac!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Sponsored content

New race rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: New race rumours   New race rumours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New race rumours
Page 1 of 1