THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari rumours

Go down 
+12
Sarcron
Kalmah
Burnage
krayd
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
colinsherlow
The Strange Dark One
Dalamar
fisheyes
Zenotaph
Gelmir
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 13:43

https://spikeybits.com/2021/08/rumors-new-combined-eldar-40k-codex-plastic-kits.html
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/12/rumors-massive-eldar-leak.html

In short, the Craftworld codex is rumoured to also include Harlequins and Ynnari, and will drop in February if it doesn't get delayed.
Lots of new plastic models, including a BIG Avatar of Khaine, Baharroth, Warp Spiders, Swooping Hawks, Shining Spears and Rangers on Jetbikes (Shroud Runners)...

Although it does feel a bit sour that Drukhari haven't had this many new models in ages, I'm still excited about possible new additions to our allies.

What are your thoughts? Will these rumours turn out to be true?
Will different armies in one codex mean Aeldari Soup is back?

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 14:26

The rumours look very interesting. Certainly a nice thing for Eldar players if true.

Though it seems weird to have Ynnari and Corsairs and Harlequins all in the Eldar book.

The former two especially used to be about mixing the different Eldar factions, yet (again, assuming these rumours are correct) it seems they've now both been made entirely the purview of the Eldar.

Dalamar
Sybarite

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 14:56

So todays rumor from the Discord is All about the Ynnari in the new Craftworld book.  SfD is now +1 to hit if you have taken casualties in the unit like Our Martyred Lady(Sisters).  Ynnari Always strike first.

AND!! you can take Drukhari units with Craftworld units in a Ynnari Detachment on a 1 for 1 basis. For every Drukhari unit your army must include a Craftworld unit.  Lastly Incubi and Scourge have a points increase in Ynnari armies.

My God I can just picture Sean Nayden laughing maniacally at the lists he can create.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 15:08

That might be interesting if Ynnari didn't make us lose Advance and Charge and our Invulnerable saves and if we didn't already get +1 to hit from turn 3 onwards etc.

Dalamar
Sybarite

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 15:22

Soulless Samurai wrote:
That might be interesting if Ynnari didn't make us lose Advance and Charge and our Invulnerable saves and if we didn't already get +1 to hit from turn 3 onwards etc.

Remember PfP goes away, so we lose all of that, but with Ynnari psychic tree you can give 6's auto wound or +1 to wound, give a unit 4++ save. resurrect d3. give your Incubi unit +1 to wound and 4++ save, and each unit is now a Drazhar for 55 less points.

I'm not saying you will play all the units the same as if they were in A Drukhari Detachment, you will not. but they will gain other advantages I think.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 16:24

Dalamar wrote:
Remember PfP goes away, so we lose all of that

Yeah, hence my issue with Ynnari.

Dalamar wrote:
but with Ynnari psychic tree you can give 6's auto wound or +1 to wound, give a unit 4++ save. resurrect d3.  give your Incubi unit +1 to wound and 4++ save, and each unit is now a  Drazhar for 55 less points.

Except that they've lost a significant amount of mobility as they can no longer advance and charge. And, despite apparently being based around mobility, Ynnari have 0 ways to improve that key aspect.

Dalamar wrote:

I'm not saying you will play all the units the same as if they were in A Drukhari Detachment, you will not. but they will gain other advantages I think.

Yeah, I'm just really, really doubtful that DE will be worth a damn as Ynnari, compared to just using their base rules. We've got way too much tied up in PfP.

But to give another example, look at our HQs and try to imagine them as Ynnari. Sorry, I meant look at the Archon and Succubus because Haemonculi are banned outright. The Succubus is 80pts for 6 S5 Power Sword attacks. The Archon is 70pts for 5 S4 Power Sword attacks. The only way to make either of them worth a damn is with stuff like the Djin Blade and Triptych Whip. Artefacts that Ynnari absolutely will not have. Hell, the last supplement had just a single weapon artefact and the Succubus couldn't take it at all (as it had to replace a Star Glaive, Power Sword or Huskblade, all weapons she can't take to begin with).

I mean, I'd really like for Ynnari to be good as I love their themes and flavour, if not their lore. I just don't expect it to happen because a) our codex has been designed to kill allying from the outset, and b) they are always designed as a Craftworld subfaction, with no thought paid to DE.

If the book proves me wrong, great.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 17:05

Soulless Samurai wrote:

I mean, I'd really like for Ynnari to be good as I love their themes and flavour, if not their lore. I just don't expect it to happen because a) our codex has been designed to kill allying from the outset, and b) they are always designed as a Craftworld subfaction, with no thought paid to DE.

I was still hoping that a new Harlequin codex would include a rule that we can take them as allies without losing PFP. Since they now don't even get a separate codex, but are in the Craftworld codex again (like how they started), maybe we'll get lucky.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 17:11

Gelmir wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

I was still hoping that a new Harlequin codex would include a rule that we can take them as allies without losing PFP. Since they now don't even get a separate codex, but are in the Craftworld codex again (like how they started), maybe we'll get lucky.

Aside, it seems a bit weird to pile everything into the Eldar book.

If they were going to do that, you'd think they'd just go the whole hog and put our codex in it, too.

Not like it would take up much space.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 18:51

Maybe they just thought of it after our codex was already released?
I don't know, but this kind of inconsistent "not-thinking-ahead" sounds exactly like GW.
On the other hand, I also wouldn't put it past them to only make that work for a Craftworld+Harlequin list, but not for Drukhari for the simple reason that our codex is out already. That would piss me off...
Either way, Ynnari is still not at all interesting to me, so it's mostly just wishful thinking.

Dalamar
Sybarite

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 19:31

I get you, For me I love the Ynnari. I have a Undead theme where all my Craftworld models are Skeleton bone colored, my Drukhari are all Vampire themed royal purples(Kabal) and crimson reds(Cult), And my clowns are all Ghostly(Like Night Haunts?).
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08 2021, 23:36

Dalamar wrote:
I get you,  For me I love the Ynnari.  I have a Undead theme where all my Craftworld models are Skeleton bone colored, my Drukhari are all Vampire themed royal purples(Kabal) and crimson reds(Cult), And my clowns are all Ghostly(Like Night Haunts?).

Do you have pictures?

Dalamar
Sybarite

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09 2021, 17:37

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Dalamar wrote:
I get you,  For me I love the Ynnari.  I have a Undead theme where all my Craftworld models are Skeleton bone colored, my Drukhari are all Vampire themed royal purples(Kabal) and crimson reds(Cult), And my clowns are all Ghostly(Like Night Haunts?).

Do you have pictures?

Sadly no I do not I have most of my Druhkari done. 1/3 my Craftworld, but stopped when 9th started because I wanted to wait for the new dex and see if new mini's were finally coming. My Quins I just have some test models for color scheme done. But it is all in storage since I had to move to a smaller place, and my wife does not appreciate my hobby taking up the dining room table. But I hope after the start of the new Year I can get some work done on them during my lunch breaks now that I back a the office.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09 2021, 17:39

Ooooh funky miracle dice mechanic for Craftworlders. I wonder how many dice we roll for srikeforce battles?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09 2021, 23:44

The Fate mechanic looks interesting. Seems a bit less flexible than SoB Miracle Dice but I guess we'll see. I heard that Battle Focus was going to allow a d6 move after shooting, so I'm assuming that will still be the standard mechanic and Runes of Fate will be the purity bonus?

Thinking again about Ynnari, it might actually not be as bad as I thought. It's frustrating that so many of our abilities are tied up in PfP and artefacts for HQs, but on the plus side some Eldar/Harlequin HQs and such could make for a welcome change. I'd certainly prefer to have my army led by a Farseer or Shadowseer than any of the DE HQs currently on offer. Especially if Ynnari still has some decent Warlord Traits and artefacts on offer.

Now what would really make my day is if they've finally dropped the requirement to have a Ynnari special character in every Ynnari detachment.

Dalamar wrote:

Sadly no I do not I have most of my Druhkari done.  1/3 my Craftworld, but stopped when 9th started because I wanted to wait for the new dex and see if new mini's were finally coming.  My Quins I just have some test models for color scheme done.  But it is all in storage since I had to move to a smaller place, and my wife does not appreciate my hobby taking up the dining room table.  But I hope after the start of the new Year I can get some work done on them during my lunch breaks now that I back a the office.  

Ah, fair enough. Well, it sounds like a great theme so I hope you'll share pictures whenever you're able to finish them. Smile

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 00:33

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Thinking again about Ynnari, it might actually not be as bad as I thought. It's frustrating that so many of our abilities are tied up in PfP and artefacts for HQs, but on the plus side some Eldar/Harlequin HQs and such could make for a welcome change. I'd certainly prefer to have my army led by a Farseer or Shadowseer than any of the DE HQs currently on offer. Especially if Ynnari still has some decent Warlord Traits and artefacts on offer.

No Coven, and no Drazhar though... Ynnari basically remove all the scary stuff from our army. :S

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 00:55

Gelmir wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

No Coven, and no Drazhar though... Ynnari basically remove all the scary stuff from our army. :S

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are still some major annoyances - not least the inability to bring any Coven units. Or Mandrakes, for that matter (though, assuming all this pans out, I am considering basically running them as a Seer Council).

I'm also not a fan of having to maintain a 1:1 with craftworld units, especially given that our codex has been pushed more towards running lots of cheap units.

The thing is, though, I'm not really feeling our current army at the moment, either. I'm a man who likes his characters and ours have been cut to the bone in both number and wargear. That's a really big deal for me. Also, I still hate how we're split into subfactions, and the fact that most of the builds I used to enjoy either no longer exist or aren't worth running anymore.

So, while probably still far from ideal, Ynnari might nevertheless be a little closer to the sort of army I'd like to play.

Of course, we'll have to see.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 11:35

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Gelmir wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are still some major annoyances - not least the inability to bring any Coven units. Or Mandrakes, for that matter (though, assuming all this pans out, I am considering basically running them as a Seer Council).

I'm also not a fan of having to maintain a 1:1 with craftworld units, especially given that our codex has been pushed more towards running lots of cheap units.

The thing is, though, I'm not really feeling our current army at the moment, either. I'm a man who likes his characters and ours have been cut to the bone in both number and wargear. That's a really big deal for me. Also, I still hate how we're split into subfactions, and the fact that most of the builds I used to enjoy either no longer exist or aren't worth running anymore.  

So, while probably still far from ideal, Ynnari might nevertheless be a little closer to the sort of army I'd like to play.

Of course, we'll have to see.

I do feel you there. Especially the options taken away from our Archon bother me. He was meant to buff the Kabalites, but has practically no ranged capabilities left. :/ I used to give him a blaster and grenade launcher, but now he has to make due with a pistol.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 12:33

Hmm, why is nobody mentioning the Corsairs? According to rumors, they will also be present in the new Codex. Wink

Sybarite
Gelmir

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 13:20

The Corsair rumours are even more vague than the rest. The rumour about the codex literally said: "Combined Codex: Craftworlds, Ynnari and Harlequins", and doesn't mention Corsairs. But for some reason they are mentioned in other places. Would be cool if they become a thing again. Maybe they will allow you to make some form of Aeldari soup without going Ynnari. That would make my day. :3

On another note, apparently Harlequins are getting a new model UNIT later in the year as well. Smile

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 14:19

I wonder how they work with Yriel. The Rumor vaguely says, he is a Corsair leader, but still linked to Iyanden.
And I got absolutely no Idea, how that could work out, rulewise...

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10 2021, 17:00

Gelmir wrote:
I do feel you there. Especially the options taken away from our Archon bother me. He was meant to buff the Kabalites, but has practically no ranged capabilities left. :/ I used to give him a blaster and grenade launcher, but now he has to make due with a pistol.

Same. It also means that he's now just another melee units in an HQ section filled with melee units.

Hell, I also liked giving my Haemonculi Hexrifles and (in editions long past) Liquifier Guns, but both of those options are now gone as well.

Zenotaph wrote:
Hmm, why is nobody mentioning the Corsairs? According to rumors, they will also be present in the new Codex. Wink

My concern is that Corsairs will still consist of just 2 units.

It's a real shame as I absolutely adored the 7th edition Corsair codex and I'd love to see that return. I thought it was a great blend of Eldar and DE stuff, whilst also being flavourful and managing to feel like its own thing.

The trouble is, the rumours haven't indicated any actual releases for it so I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they're not getting any of their old units back.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13 2021, 12:38

PPM notwithstanding, it looks like Wraithguard and Wraithblades may be putting Grotesques to shame when it comes to durability.

Aeldari rumours Day_13

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16 2021, 10:53

In case anyone is still interested in the alleged leaks:

Aeldari rumours Day_14

Aeldari rumours Y0hbptsn8o581

Aeldari rumours F7yjbax7dv581

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16 2021, 20:00

I usually don't believe in such leaks (there was too much crap over the years), but these seem pretty legit from what I heard recently, so I'm inclined to believe them. Also many of the model leaks also point towards CWE getting a lot of new plastic.

I'm certainly happy for them, it's about time they get a proper update to their line (and I'm really looking forward to a Dark CWE conversion project eventually, hehe).
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17 2021, 11:21

I wonder if the Shuriken Cannon will become Heavy and lose half its shots in exchange for the extra AP and damage, the same way the Splinter Cannon did?

Somehow I doubt it.

Aeldari rumours YzQJflF

Sponsored content

Aeldari rumours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari rumours
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next