THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider Empty
PostSubject: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 15:33

Purge Coterie Formation

Requirements: 1 Archon, 1 Kabalite Warriors Unit, 1 Raider, 1 Reaver Unit

Restrictions: None.

Special Rules:

Marked for Death: At the start of each friendly turn, pick an enemy unit within line of sight of the Archon. All other units from this Formation have the Preferred Enemy special rule against the unit picked until the start of your next turn.

Source: Start Collecting!: Dark Eldar

(See: http://bloodofkittens.com/dark-eldar/ )

--------------------------

From the now finalized FAQ:

"Q: I have a question regarding unit special rules that affect all
or some units within a certain range of a model or unit. How do
these interact with units inside Transports, and what happens
if the unit with the rule is inside a Transport?
A: When a unit embarks on a vehicle it is taken off the
battlefield and does not interact with anything on the
battlefield. However, certain rules may create exceptions
to this rule, with the most obvious examples being Fire
Points, psychic powers and Transports. If a unit’s rules
are meant to apply even when embarked on a Transport,
they will specify this."

------------------------------

So what about the special rule for this formation? it would be strange if it did not work because thats what the formation seems to be about, but RAW i am not so sure.

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 15:44

RAW I'm afraid it doesn't work. If you can agree with your group that they will allow it that would seem fair to me but that's up to your group.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 16:16

Count is correct. Most people allow us to use this power from inside the transport (because who needs to further nerf DE?), but this isnt the "correct" way.

RAW you need to be on the board as you indicated from the FAQ
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 17:13

FAQ answers like this make me wonder if the people writing the FAQs have ever actually read a GW rulebook/codex.

The FAQ answer is perfectly clear and logical. Unfortunately, I can't recall a single power anywhere ever specifying that it works while embarked on transports, when many of them should, some being a replacement for your shooting for a round. But NONE, even the shooting replacements, say that they'd work from a transport. I really wish the rule team would read the rules first before they give "common sense" answers that'd only make sense if the original rules were written with the same common sense. The base rulebook specifies that witchfires work from firepoints, but that's it.

All of this could be resolved if GW hadn't spent the last 20 years snubbing gamers for jobs. For some reason, GW doesn't view being a gamer as a positive job qualification, prefering to hire people solely on business experience, so they spent 20 years building a company infrastructure of people who have never played their game, and never will because they have no interest in gaming.

/end rant

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Mon Jan 09 2017, 17:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

PostSubject: Re: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 17:18

Ok, thx. So its up to discuss with the other player how to do it.

We can only hope that 8th edition will clear up alot of convoluted rulings without nerfing DE even more Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider   Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purge Coterie Formation Special Rule: Can you use it when the archon is in the raider
Page 1 of 1