THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion

Go down 
+2
Local_Ork
Dez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion Empty
PostSubject: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 17:03

Heyo!

I've been looking around at how to get a second Haywire Blaster out of the Scourge box set, and I think I found an easy way. I'm new to Dark Eldar and the model range, and I'm sure there are some details that don't match, but I think this will qualify as close enough.

The components you will need are an exacto knife (really any modeling/cutting blade will do), glue, a Heatlance and blades from the Dark Eldar Warriors box set.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion 8f91f158

The first thing I did was cut the tip from the heat lance...but in hindsight, I think all of the cutting can be skipped in this step.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion C785baed

I then shaved some of the tip off, just so it more closely matched the actual Haywire Blaster.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion Fba9ce84

Split the Warrior Blade into 2 equal parts, you won't need that middle bit.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion D9f7b6b2

Then, just glue it all back together. If you skipped the cutting in the first step all you need to do is glue the blades on.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion B8e55999

And a shot comparison with an actual Haywire Blaster.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion 0e4ef050
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 17:24

Oh, +1 to tutorial counter.

Good stuff Dez. It IMHO actually looks more DE than original.

Btw would You consider making additional Blaster from Dark Lance and adding that one as well? I wanted to make tutorial myself but I don't have proper parts, yet.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Sat Oct 15 2011, 04:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 17:27

I sure will, I'm expecting some spares soon. I've got lots of ideas, I'll be starting a blog here once I get more built and accomplished.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14 2011, 23:08

OH, Now that is very nice.

You get a Gold Star!
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 09:14

These are a good idea Dec and certainly a very nice looking result. You could also try a variation of what I did - I used Shredders with some plasticard tubing inserted for lengthened barrels and the fins around the muzzle filed down and re-profiled to look more like HB's.

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion Scourges2
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 15:24

DYNO-MITE DEz! Totally on board with Local on these looking more DE than the originals. In fact, I'm totally stealing this to make my heat lances look better (already have too many haywire blasters). Well done sir!

(edit)
And a very well-played on the avatar. Merv Griffon!
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 15:37

I like yours Gobsmakked, definitely converted very well and painted nicely. More than just quick and easy conversion, and I'll be looking to mimic it in the future Wink

Evil Space Elves wrote:

And a very well-played on the avatar. Merv Griffon!

We hate what you hate, and we hate you! I'm stupid enough to have 3 tattoos...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 15:43

^FTW^

I haven't read a good Milk and Cheese reference in years. It's 7:42AM here, but I'm fighting a strong urge to go pick up a bottle of gin. It makes a man mean!
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 16:44

Evil Space Elves wrote:
^FTW^

I haven't read a good Milk and Cheese reference in years. It's 7:42AM here, but I'm fighting a strong urge to go pick up a bottle of gin. It makes a man mean!

Booze up and riot!
Back to top Go down
Darwin_green5
Hellion
Darwin_green5

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 09:47

conversely, it looks easy enough to turn a haywire blaster into a heat lance as well.

just lengthen the tip, and cut off the fins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion   Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heat Lance to Haywire Blaster easy conversion
Page 1 of 1