THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haywire Blaster Improv

Go down 
+2
Panic_Puppet
thesaltedwound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Haywire Blaster Improv Empty
PostSubject: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 18:43

Just wanted to share my recipe for getting four haywire blasters out of one box of Scourge! I've seen the topic discussed before but I haven't seen this mentioned. Inspired pretty heavily by a post on dakkadakka about using the wych punch-dagger.

Basically, I used the sheathed knives in the scourge box as ornate HWB prongs. Cut the handles off, and file so there's a flat edge on the inside of the curve, next to where the handle was.

Then they just glue neatly onto the end of the heat lance. The splinter cannon and dark lance just need the end of the barrel shaping and un-adorning, and you can do the same to them. You end up with some really decorative, similar looking weapons that look like tridents, and have a bit of individuality which is how I think Scourges would probably roll.

I always imagined that the prongs at the end of the HWB open up when it's fired, something like the overcharged plasma pistol from Halo, and that's just what these look like when they're done. I actually think my real HWB looks pretty boring in comparison, but you don't get enough knives to do it to that one as well.

Once I have a device capable of such a feat, I'll take some photos (and put a million updates on my plog!) but for now, hope you can dig the idea on a no-bitz-budget.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 12:23

Sounds nice! Just wanting to chime in with one of my own to piggyback the topic, if you do some finagling with the end of a shredder onto a heat lance you get a very similar result to a haywire blaster too.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 12:26

Panic_Puppet wrote:
Sounds nice! Just wanting to chime in with one of my own to piggyback the topic, if you do some finagling with the end of a shredder onto a heat lance you get a very similar result to a haywire blaster too.

The irony - I cut the prongs off the shredder to create extra blasters.

That being said, as I only need an extra 2, the spares from my Cronos model are perfect for adding to just about any special/heavy weapon you like, possibly with the exception of the splinter cannon.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 23:30

thesaltedwound wrote:

Basically, I used the sheathed knives in the scourge box as ornate HWB prongs. Cut the handles off, and file so there's a flat edge on the inside of the curve, next to where the handle was.

That's a brilliant solution for a slightly different conversion problem i had.
I'll tag you when it's done, it's a suprise Smile

Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15 2015, 14:17

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
That being said, as I only need an extra 2, the spares from my Cronos model are perfect for adding to just about any special/heavy weapon you like, possibly with the exception of the splinter cannon.

That's what I would do too. The Haywire Blaster isn't that great on a Talos anyway. Something that actually wants to get into close combat with its target is more likely to deal significant damage with a Heat Lance.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 08:01

The next kit I'm going to buy is a cronos, so I'll probably get some scourges along with that and do in reverse to get 4 heat lances. Then I can retire my old metal jetpack banana head scourges!

EDIT: Managed to borrow the company camera for a day, so I get to add a whole load of 3/4 painted stuff to my plog and also show what I'm talking about here Smile

Haywire Blaster Improv L5Sks5T

He'll get his other arm as soon as I get a new glue! I have three like this, plus the regulation HWB.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 04:09

Came to the workshops looking for exactly this after I got a box of Scourges cheap minus a HWB. Awesome ideas. I think giving each Scourge a different style Haywire perfectly matches with the idea of how vain they are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haywire Blaster Improv   Haywire Blaster Improv I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haywire Blaster Improv
Page 1 of 1