THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

skull helmets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 17:33

Now that Ynnead is coming I want to expand my skull helmet theme that only the Trueborn have until now.
I've use the helmets of dark Elf executioner units but that is so damn expensive. Does anyone know an alternative?
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:05

The only other one that springs to mind is harlequins have a lot of skull masks/half skulls, you can usually pick their heads up from bits salemen on ebay without needing to buy the full kit.
I think the executioners may still be your best bet however.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:21

Yea. Quite a lot of kabalite helmets actually are easy to paint a skull shape on with moderately steady hand. Just take your white and keep to the elevated areas, go around the eyes, do nose and narrower mouth part and chin. The result is actually amazing IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:21

You can also cut the fronts off of Necron faces and glue them onto Harlequin heads.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 18:34

Thanks for the input. Does anyone has a third party manufacturer maybe who can accomplish something like that?

Incubi

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2017, 23:49

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HNA298F6K/skull-helmet-heads-28mm-scale
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 11:09

They seem a bit big. More suited for Marines. But thanks!

Incubi

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 11:30

I know. Dont think you will be able to get something appropriate unless you sculpt them yourself and make them yourself. Such bits could be made with Green Stuff.
Back to top Go down
StackedDeck
Hellion
StackedDeck

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2017, 21:32

My advice is look to a green stuff mold. Either using an executioner or random skull, make a mold of only the face in green stuff. Then once cured, you can add some other GS to any head, push into the mold and viola! Just remember to use a liberal amount of oil so the new GS won't stick to the old GS. I usually add a drop to an old brush and apply. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

skull helmets  Empty
PostSubject: Re: skull helmets    skull helmets  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skull helmets
Page 1 of 1