THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Highlighting Kabalite style helmets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

Highlighting Kabalite style helmets Empty
PostSubject: Highlighting Kabalite style helmets   Highlighting Kabalite style helmets I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 19:22

Started painting some kabalite warriors and doing great on the edge highlights but then i get to their very domed helmets...and i cant quite figure where the highlights should go....

I tried just running some lines down from the top of the helm but that just... looks more like i painted lines down his helmet...

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Archon Darkanis
Hellion
Archon Darkanis

Highlighting Kabalite style helmets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlighting Kabalite style helmets   Highlighting Kabalite style helmets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 21:52

Depends on what your going for. For the dome helmets instead of doin a hard line highlight try mixing the main color 1-1 with the highlight color and paint just the top most areas then coming back and paint the highest area with the highlight color. If you want just the hard line style highlight then do around the hard edges and just a touch at the top of the dome. the latter is the way the heavy metal team did the models shown on the GW website. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down

Highlighting Kabalite style helmets
Page 1 of 1