THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts

Go down 
+2
hydranixx
Lockthrow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lockthrow
Slave
Lockthrow

My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 19:29

Hi guys, this is my first list for beginning to collect Dark Eldars, im not looking for something competitive just for fun, what do you think about the list? Is it playable?

HQ: Archon (Agoniser, Blaster,Shadow Field) - 140p [Warlord]
HQ: Succubus (Archite Glaive, Splinter pistol, Webway portal) - 130p

Elite: 5x Kabalite Trueborn (4x Blaster) - 115p

Troops: 10x Kabalite Warriors (Splinter cannon, Raider with Splinter Racks) - 165p
Troops: 10x Kabalite Warriors (Splinter cannon, Raider with Splinter Racks) - 165p

Fast Attack: 5x Hellions - 65p
Fast Attack: 5x Hellions - 65p
Fast Attack: 6x Reavers (2x Cluster caltrops, Arena Champion) - 152p

997/1000 points

How could i increase my collection? i think i should buy a couple of talos and maybe a couple of venoms and incubis.

Lockthrow
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 21:44

Welcome aboard,

Anything is 'playable' if you're playing for fun and don't mind about competitiveness. If this is 100% the case for you, you should play with the models that appeals to you most. You don't have to go by internet list building advice to enjoy the hobby; just go have some fun games with your friends Smile

That being said, if you did want to look at expanding your collection towards a slightly more competitive angle while retaining the Dark Eldar vibe, I would recommend one of two approaches:

1) Lots of skimmers, in which case, yes, Venoms, Raiders and Ravagers are your go-tos. Mix in some Scourges for Haywire Blasters and Reavers. You could add Incubi if you really wanted.

2) Lots of coven-themed things, in which case, absolutely grab some Talos. You will also likely want to get some Grotesques, and run both Talos and Grotesques from the Covens supplement codex.

And if you did want to play with what you currently have, but with a slightly more competitive angle, I would recommend a few changes to your list. I'm going to assume the models in your list are all the models you have, but please let us know if you have anything else to work with. Firstly, it's very difficult to run a 1000pts list efficiently with only the models you've listed, but I think we can make a decent list at around the 750pts mark:

HQ: Archon (Webway Portal, Shadowfield + Blaster) - 145 [Warlord]

Elite: 5x Kabalite Trueborn (4x Blaster, Raider with Night Shields & Dark Lance) - 180pts

Troops: 10x Kabalite Warriors, 1 Upgraded to a Syrabite (Raider with Splinter Racks and Night Shields) - 180pts
5x Kabalite Warriors - 40pts
5x Kabalite Warriors - 40pts

Fast Attack: 6x Reavers (2x Cluster caltrops, Arena Champion) - 152pts

I removed Splinter Cannons from the Kabalites because they rarely get good value out of them since they'll always be moving. If you want Splinter Cannons, buy Venoms. I also broke the two big units of Kabalites into three, to free up one Raider, and give you more units to score with.

Archon goes with Trueborn, and portals their Raider into position, hopefully on Turn 2. It can be risky since it's a huge part of your list and you have no reserve roll manipulation, but if they do arrive, they'll kill almost anything with all their Blasters and the Dark Lance on the Raider. On Turn 1, you're hiding in cover as much as you can, until the Archon and Trueborn arrive. When they do, the Reavers and Kabalite Raider should advance to pressure the opponent with multiple threats.

My list brings you to 737pts (if I mathed it right). You could drop one unit of Kabalites entirely if you wanted more upgrades elsewhere, but I'd be wary of that. Usually more boots on the grounds is more valuable than better gear, especially in small point games.

Last edited by hydranixx on Thu Feb 16 2017, 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 21:51

Right now your list is a bit lacking in anti vehicle. Drop the succubus (you can use her when you get a reliable close combat squad to support her.) and buy some blasters/heatlance for your reavers, and put blasters and sybarite with haywire in your kab squads. The raiders need dark lances. I would use archon with webway portal and blaster, and put him with the trueborn. That way you can get them where they need to be, and you get an extra blaster in the squad. Drop one hellion squad, and make the remaining bigger. Take two hellions and proxy them as beastmasters for to maximize units per pointcost and to keep the hellions footprint from being too big. Now you can split up the more usefull reavers into two squads. That way you wont lose the entire reaver squad to flamers/overwatch (I learned this the hard way). Deepstrike the hellions and use them for annoying shooting in the enemies rear. Never charge them into big squads and avoid flamers like the plague.

For future procurement, I would get at least 5 venoms and run a grotesquerie (haemonculus covens) in your raiders. For heavy support I would get two or three ravagers. Some more reavers or scourges to replace the hellions would also help. Oh and some more kabalites to fill new transports with.

Hope this helps, and happy hunting! Wink
Back to top Go down
Lockthrow
Slave
Lockthrow

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 22:23

Thanks for the answer guys! =D my main army is CSM Death Guard so play as MSU or with models over equip is the opposite to my CSM style so your advices are really useful for me Very Happy

I guess i'll focus in play at 750-700 points using your advices for understard the army and their play style, thanks a lot guys =)

Lockthrow

Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 22:26

Don't buy grotesques. Buy 2 boxes of Crypt Horrors from the AoS line and 2 boxes of talos. Build a Talos and a Cronos and use the spare bits from those 2 kits to kitbash the crypt horrors into grotesques. GW Finecast grotesques are massively overpriced, and monopose, and come in blisters of 1 with a minimum squad size of 3.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 22:30

I 100% agree with @amorrowlyday I did this and they turned out great! Saved a bag a cash and they look more versatile too
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 22:52

Oh yes, I agree, that's absolutely the case - with Grotesques you'll want to convert them if you collect them. Crypt Horrors are a popular choice, though there are other base models to work with out there too.

You'll find this army as different from Death Guard CSM as any army can be. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Ch_ckleb_nny
Slave
Ch_ckleb_nny

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2017, 21:21

Yeah, I was thinking of buying a box of crypt horrors to bring my Grot count to 6, but my first three were based off Skaven Stormfiends. The Stormfiends are a bit bigger and bulkier, with lots more tubes and bristly stuff, while the Crypt Horrors seem much more simple, which is certainly not a bad thing. As I said before, I am definitely going to get at least 1 box of Horrors, as a mix of Fiends and Horrors will help contribute to the warped nature of grotesques.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2017, 23:08

They blend fine. Half of mine are also Stormfiends, if your end result is too simple you didn't do enough kitbashing.
Back to top Go down
Lockthrow
Slave
Lockthrow

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2017, 15:06

Wow use crypt horros + some bits for makes gretesques are a great idea, i will keep them in mind for my future projects, i really love make conversions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts   My first list  Dark Eldar 1000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first list Dark Eldar 1000pts
Page 1 of 1