THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pts of Dark Eldar

Go down 
+2
Murkglow
Agoniser
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Agoniser
Slave

1000pts of Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 22:03

Already won a game although used all replacment models as II wanted to try the army out before buying more models. Went up against Logan grimnar and 14 terminators. I discovered how great there shooting is and love them even more but also discovers how easy they break. I lost a venom and raider and almost Half the troops inside die so that hurt early game but the archon and incubi romped thru terminaters until the met Logan. A game I really enjoyed to see how the DE work can't wait to buy the models and play in my local GW

So here's the list

1000pt

HQ

Archon -135
•husk blade
•soul trap
•shadow field

TROOPS

10 warriors -90 (170)
Raider - 80
•splinter racks
•flicker field

10 wyches - 150 (210)
•hydra gauntlets
•heratrix
•PGL
•agoniser
Raider - 60

5 warriors - 45 (110)
Venom - 65
•splinter cannon

ELITES

6 incubi - 167
•klaivex
•demiklaves
Raider - 80
• disintegrator cannon
•flicker field
•night shields

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager - 115
•night shields

TOTAL = 987

As you can see some points left over. C and Cmost welcome!
Back to top Go down
Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 22:39

I'll give the same advice I almost always give: I think you have too many upgrades and not enough troops. At 1000 points basic Incubi should have little trouble shredding anything (especially with an Archon leading them) they really don't need a tricked out champion too. Likewise, while Flickerfields aren't entirely useless on Raiders you're spending a fair number of points on an upgrade that much of the time won't do anything. If you trim some of those upgrades off I think you could probably find the points to add another squad+Venom on the field which I think will likely do more for you then the upgrades will.
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 09:16

It looks good, except I agree, less upgrades, and you need special weapons in your Kabalite squads, or they are basically a waste of points. At least a blaster. You don't need to give them every upgrade possible or anything, just give them weapons so they can do something besides look pretty.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 12:05

Kabalites are much better than most give credit. They are cheap, very dangerous to anything without an AV (5 snap shooting at a FMC should down it) . That said, I agree... To many add ons.

Ditch the demi klaives, swap the disintegrator back to a dark lance, loose the flicker field on the incubi and warrior raider. Also you can loose the hydra gauntlets, PGL and agoniser on the wyches. This gives you enough to grab a phantasm launcher for the archon (gold with incubi), haywire grenades for the wyches, a venom blade for the hekatrix, night shields on the 3 vehicles without them as well as a blaster for the 5 man warriors (if I have added that up right!)

This makes the incubi more dangerous (great to dig units out from behind a defence line!) the wyches can take vehicles out as needed, the small unit of warriors now can multi task and you upped the amount of ranged AT. On top of that your vehicles should be more difficult to hit!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
penguinninja
Slave
penguinninja

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 23:03

I agree, a few too many upgrades. I would spend the points from the flickerfield on a raider to a splinter cannon on the kabalite troop insde. More shots, especially when joined with splinter racks. Personally, if a raider is also planning on getting close to the enemy so that stuff inside can assault, night shield's seem a little miff to me. i wouldn't take them for close units.
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2013, 02:02

You need more anti-tank and have dumped far too many points into upgrades. Your assault units seem excessively large. I find that Warriors Raiders work well with Night Shields because you can mitigate Rapid Fire weapons to a certain extent and greatly reduce the threat range of Melta-guns. Flicker Fields are nice but Jink is a fine substitute most of the time. You can easily take another Ravager and still have ~40 points to spare, which you can use to buy a Blaster for your Kabalites.

Rule of thumb: at least 1 Lance per 100 points. Has served me well.

Kabalite Gunboats are pretty terrifying---if you cast Doom on a GEQ, you can get an average of 13.35 unsaved wounds.

I find Archons to be too expensive at 1000 points... and 1500 points. Sure, you can wreck face but other units can also do that. A humble succubus with 4 Incubi in a Venom will kill 6 MEQs on average during the assault phase. Plus, a Haemonculus or Succubus can give you 40+ points....which you can use to buy another Ravager.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts of Dark Eldar   1000pts of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pts of Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1