THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos bases?

Go down 
+2
Cherrycoke
AwkwarDave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AwkwarDave
Slave
AwkwarDave

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 03:10

So I recently added some talos/cronos to my army. 7 in total. But I'm not happy with the bases.
Does anyone have any tips on making their bases more reliable/sturdy? Or possibly some 3rd party bases that they have had good luck with?

Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:01

You could swap them out with regular 60mm or 80mm bases and weigh them down by sticking those... metal weight bearing thingies... onto the bottom of the base.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Base-Weight-Beads-1-Basing-20mm-25mm-30mm-Round-Square-Plastic-Bases-Lead-Shot-/142075639364?hash=item21145e3644:g:NcUAAOxyuOtRaXxa
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:07

I assume he's talking about the 'ball and cup' join between base and model? They're a bit notorious for wearing down and not providing good grip, resulting in the model not staying on the base stand. My only suggestion is to coat the inside of the cup with a few layers of paint.

Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 07:52

Why not just glue it on?

Or if you don't want to for whatever reason, you could magnetize it. Or pin it, but only glue the pin on one side, so the model rests on the post.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 09:15

I don't glue mine because I need to transport them and that's a hell of a lot easier without the model on its base.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 15:34

I did a Pinning tutorial ages ago.
It's in french but pictures are self explanatory.

The first one is about antigrav, the second about an arm.

Remember that this is not required that you glue the base to your miniature, even after pinning.
I used this technique for both my raiders and venom and it works great (better for transporting them).

I also used ot for an old model talos, which I did 2 pinning (with 2 transparent sticks), on a 50mm GW base (from old basing kit). I don't have pictures for the Talos but I can make some if you're interested Surprised

Talos bases? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Talos bases? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03 2017, 04:07

I bought stands and bases for my raiders, venoms, talos/cronos from
http://www.corseceng.com/warhammer/

The way it works is you glue a mounting peg onto the model - I drilled holes in the bottoms so these fit flush.  Then I attached the rods and round bases.  The whole thing can be disassembled by unscrewing the rods if you need to take them off.

The contraptions are relatively cheap and if you have a custom base you can just get the rods and mounting pegs.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qJZkk

That’s a tantalus with a base from dragonforge. It’s mounted using 2 of the mounting pegs and 1 of the rods.

Talos bases? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos bases?   Talos bases? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos bases?
Page 1 of 1