THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP cobblestone bases.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

WIP cobblestone bases. Empty
PostSubject: WIP cobblestone bases.   WIP cobblestone bases. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 06:06

Just a WIP of the wychs cobblestone. It is a labor of love, lots of work went into gluing those wychs to the bases and getting the cobblestone to level under their feet. Wychs come with the dreaded slot base and the feet are too small to effectively pin. But each wych is hard connected to the base with a plastic on plastic connection. It looks good and it's going to look better painted. The rectangle that glues into the slot in the base is basically the same height as this thin slab of balsa wood that I have which helped. I had to clip the plastic rectangle right to where the tip of each foot ended and then glue that on top of the part that I clipped off. You can tell now but i'm pretty sure that all of the fine sand, rubble and static grass will effectively hide the seams. It is ok that the balsa wood is broken along the edges because it just adds a destructed look. I'm kind of going for the vibe that they are raiding a really old hidden fortress-monastery. I've got more fluff for the wychs but lets save that for later, during painting.

https://imgur.com/a/3xYMj

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: WIP cobblestone bases.   WIP cobblestone bases. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 06:16

Interesting, what color will they be?
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: WIP cobblestone bases.   WIP cobblestone bases. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 06:22

Well on a funny note the wychsuit itself will get a gloss finish so that it looks like latex... But the armor will be painted a light bone and their hair will be white and greys. A rough name for them is Wych cult of the blood frenzy, or something to that effect. And then lots of blood smears painted onto them. The color red really gets them going.

Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: WIP cobblestone bases.   WIP cobblestone bases. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 06:59

Yeah!! I really like it. Don't often see wyches in a civilised-looking setting, it contrasts with their wild looks very well.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP cobblestone bases.   WIP cobblestone bases. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP cobblestone bases.
Page 1 of 1