THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari TEQ killers

Go down 
+3
dumpeal
Massaen
Anarchistscourge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

Ynnari TEQ killers  Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 13:00

Now that as ynnari we have access to so many more units, I wanted to ask what people's opinions were on best units to take out terminators and equivalents.
I generally like having redundancy and like units to fill multiple roles. For eg. A full caress harlequin Troupe will do around 3 wounds in combat against TEQs while still being able to mulch MEQS and glance tanks to death. But there expensive. What would you guys suggest?
Thanks in advance fron your friendly neighbourhood scorge
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 13:54

When you say a full harlequin caress troupe - I assume you don't mean 12 models... Cause that does ALOT more than 3 wounds

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 13:56

In the past, we used incubi in small unit to prevent wiping your opponent during your turn. Now, with the soulburst, we can have bigger incubi squad that can wipe a squad, and lock in another during your turn. Maybe they can become more useful. Give they have a few synergy with the formation and the visarch/yvraine.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 13:56

I think Sky Weavers with Glaives are rather awesome. They have WS 5, Str. 5, Int 6 and can Hit n Run if they dont get ID'd out by the Thunder Hammers. Str. 5 is not the best against rear armor but with a good amount of attacks they end up being OK. Also, they have Shuriken Cannons that can Eldar Rend TEQs or pop light armor.
Wraithguard can play the same role, those I think non-D-Scythe Wraithguard may not be the best for them. They can deal with any tough unit in the game.
You mentioned Troupes who can do a pretty decent job at it. The Solitaire isn't bad either as the TEQs are probably hitting him on 5's and he has a 3++ with EW.
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 15:33

Solitaire is a fantastic choice. @massaen. Your correct I didn't mean 12. Meant 6 for a full Starweaver. And I didn't even think about a big group of Incubi so used to running them in s1uads of 4 or 5. Problem with Incubi is I don't see them as multiple. Wraithguard Are always a top choice. Was just wondering if there is something I'm missing that might be unexpected

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 16:52

I would rather run a troupe then a solitaire. He is way to inconsistent.

I would also rather run 6 on foot with a shadow seer than 6 in a starweaver.

Pretty much anything with bladestorm works ok for TEQ killing.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
PsychicHobo
Hellion
PsychicHobo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 20:54

There's always the oft-lamented Ravager. Provides range and uses up a much less demanded slot.

Admittedly not great for benefitting from Soulburst, but can provide it at least. And deep strike too!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 21:30

Termies are easy with Dis-Cannons.

If you mean outside of DE. Well.... anything with a D weapon in eldar is good too XD.

If you dont want D-weapons, then Shuriken is Rending and high value at range. Can take some of that.

Harlequins are fine, there is another option for harlequins. AP2 pistols, sense you can shoot 2x it could be good.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 21:54

Completely forgot about the Ravager. I really like the harlequins, just the way I run them is at but 250 points. Generally 5 in a Starweaver all with nuero disruptors 3 caress and 2 embrace. Was just wondering what else was out there. Tempted by a dire avenger shrine. As once per game I can get assault 3 at BS 5. Then overwatch on BS 2 if and when th e get charged. Thinking that's the best source of bladestorm.
I was looking to stay away from D, just because wheb I played against Eldar it was infuriating, and now I'm playing with Eldar I don't want to be thst guy....tempting as it is

Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 22:31

If you want bladestorm, you cannot go wrong with the dire avenger shrine imo, I find it really works well with Ynnari, too. Easily some of my best units in my Ynnari army.
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 23:23

Wow really? Why do you think they work so well in ynnari? Also how do you kit your exarchs and do you always take transports? Been considering them for a while now

Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 23:46

This is Ynnari, get them in close, keep your units close together, and just pump shots into things. They are great at chewing through MEQ, imo, especially if you can get them shooting twice in a turn. As ynnari, we benefit most from shooting armies, as we can grab 2 sets of attacks in a turn with shooting as opposed to assault. So, we want to maximize the effectiveness of those shots. Hitting on twos does that for us, which is why I like the shrine. As for Transports, no thank you, I keep them to 5-man units with no transport, since serpents have no fire ports. Besides, with soulburst, we're plenty mobile. As for my exarch, I built him with the power lance and shield, mostly for aesthetics, as he's part of my inner circle list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari TEQ killers    Ynnari TEQ killers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari TEQ killers
Page 1 of 1