THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fate of Commorragh

Go down 
+5
Count Adhemar
The Strange Dark One
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Dankus
Veragon Saan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Veragon Saan
Hellion
Veragon Saan

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 09:16

So I've finished reading part 2 of the gathering storm and its associated bits and oh... we do appear to be in a pickle.
Khaine's gate has been opened, Asdrubael vect has sodded off to somewhere else, the Decapitator makes his own little shadow kingdom and deamons everywhere.

What do you think is going to happen to our beloved city? I dearly hope it doesn't just get destroyed but with a dysjunction of that size and the book not giving a conclusion to the war it doesn't look good. From a 4th wall breaking point of view I'd like to think that it isn't going to be destroyed simply because they've just released a game called "Gangs of Commorragh" and it would be a bit silly for the game to be set in a city that no longer exists but... I can't see how we get out of this, because it was stated elsewhere that the hole in the webway that is Khaine's gate can never be sewn shut or sealed off and logic dictates that an endless stream of deamons pouring into Commorragh is not going to end well.

I'm just very glad that when I made up the lore for my kabal I decided that they would live on the remnants of Malan'tai, making a Dark Eldar craftworld and salvaging that craftworld before the Eldar crashed it into a sun, but yeah I'd still like Commorragh to be a place!

So what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 11:34

I do agree, this is rather problematic.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 15:22

As long as Vect and Urien can ride towards the sunset, we shouldn't worry about the riffraff getting their peasant, little corpses molested by som daemons and mandrakes. Good help can be grown from vats.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 15:55

I imagine that Commorragh will be split up into several competing sub-realms, which is nice in is own way.

While I love the idea of this big nightmarish node within the webway, fragmenting Commorragh really helps further fleshing out Dark Eldar culture. So far Commorragh was very stale with Vect clearly on top of that and no sign of that ever changing.

Now we can have greater rivlary and conflict between Kabals and other ex-Commorite societies which own reside in their private sub-realms.

The idea of Commorragh comes from the early days of DE fluff. However, I think the fluff has outgrown this rather stale idea of a neverending city, ruled by an unquestable leader that does not allow any greater progress or change to our society. Now, smaller factions are allowed to thrive and plot their machinations without fearing immediately getting crushed by the Black Heart.
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 16:32

[quote="The Strange Dark One"] Now we can have greater rivlary and conflict between Kabals and other ex-Commorite societies which own reside in their private sub-realms.

Now this is rather tempting. As Deldar are one of the best armies for creating custom fluff for said army. However, we have a select few base structures to follow. Kabal/Cult/Coven/Corsair.

Now with a development like this we might get an improvement for the Creation of custom fluff. Thus allowing some deeper backstories that will be a tad more easier to tie to the main fluff.
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 16:33

I have no idea how the quote system works...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 16:41

Dankus wrote:

You need a [ quote] at the start of the text that you're quoting and a [ /quote] at the end of it (but without the space between the [ and the next character).

Or just highlight the text and press the quote button (looks like a speech bubble).

Veragon Saan
Hellion
Veragon Saan

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 18:09

The Strange Dark One wrote:

While I love the idea of this big nightmarish node within the webway, fragmenting Commorragh  really helps further fleshing out Dark Eldar culture. So far Commorragh was very stale with Vect clearly on top of that and no sign of that ever changing.

While I do agree with you and that does sound like it would be very cool, that does rely on Commorragh actually surviving, is it even possible to break it up into sub realms? I thought Vect had forced open the various portals to the many subrealms essentially turning it into one singular city rather than lots of little parts. And yeah, endless deamons is still a bad thing
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 18:24

Veragon Saan wrote:
The Strange Dark One wrote:

While I love the idea of this big nightmarish node within the webway, fragmenting Commorragh  really helps further fleshing out Dark Eldar culture. So far Commorragh was very stale with Vect clearly on top of that and no sign of that ever changing.

While I do agree with you and that does sound like it would be very cool, that does rely on Commorragh actually surviving, is it even possible to break it up into sub realms? I thought Vect had forced open the various portals to the many subrealms essentially turning it into one singular city rather than lots of little parts. And yeah, endless deamons is still a bad thing

I must admit that I say this with just having read the books and main Codex as the back ground. Since I'm not interested in the Ynnari I did not purchase the latest book and only know what has happened through the usual chatter here.

However, in the books it was written that Commorragh used to have a lot more sattelite realms around it. Like a black hole Commorragh pulled those realms closed until they eventually merged, making the city itself just as parasitic as its inhabitants.

My idea is that the repture through the webway breaks the connections between the individual realms. It is stated that Commorragh is immeasurably big, so even a fracture of that is still big enough just to be immeasurable...

Further it was stated by a Harlequinn that if Commorragh falls, the whole Webway collapses with it. And well... that didn't happend. And those clowns know their stuff when it comes to the webway.

Those facts and the simple truth that GW surely is not going to squat is (see latest leaks), the DE will survive one way or another.

Naturally, all I have written is based on the fluff established by the books. I don't know how well aware GW actually is about their own DE fluff...

Edit: Also with Malys and the clowns behind this I don't think that all of this happened for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 19:02

Maybe some sort of elite guards to hold them at bay? New units?
Back to top Go down
Veragon Saan
Hellion
Veragon Saan

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 19:35

Quote :

Further it was stated by a Harlequinn that if Commorragh falls, the whole Webway collapses with it. And well... that didn't happend. And those clowns know their stuff when it comes to the webway.

Ahh yes good point, I'd forgotten that, yeah I suppose having the central point overrun with deamons would also overrun the rest of the webway too. But then again, we are only talking from 4th wall breaking knowledge, how it actually happens in the story is another matter. I do take your point though, plus I guess the Ynnari would have been more worried about the super dysjunction if it was going to spell the end of the webway seen as they are meant to be paragons of the whole Eldar (or do I call us Aeldari now?) race.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 23:44

I'm of the opinion that entire book didn't actually happen so all this is imperial propaganda. Commorragh is fine carry on everyone.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave
Dankus

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
Dankus wrote:

You need a [ quote] at the start of the text that you're quoting and a [ /quote] at the end of it (but without the space between the [ and the next character).

Or just highlight the text and press the quote button (looks like a speech bubble).

My sincere gratitude.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 21:42

It would be cool if the next DE release was basically the warring factions left fighting over stabilizing Commorragh. We have Vect and the Black Heart possibly allied with Urien and the Prophets of Flesh against Malys and her Harlequin allies. Who knows what Kheradruakh is doing now that he's king mandrake.

I would like to see Vect regain his city..
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07 2017, 22:16

Commorragh is and always has been a bunch of webway realms that existed in totally different areas of the webway/warp. It was a show of strength by Vect that he could keep all the portals/gates linking them open all the time. With this dysjunction, he lost a lot of face by having to close those gates.

The realms still exist. "Commorragh" still exists. Its just a little smaller now that he has temporarily "severed" a few of these realms by closing the gates. He can always re-open the gates later and restore the City to its former glory, once the daemons have done their thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fate of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate of Commorragh   Fate of Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fate of Commorragh
Page 1 of 1