THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite of Fractured Light

Go down 
+2
lelith
Von Snabel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

Kabalite of Fractured Light Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 20:11

So, I thought to myself that I wanna be someone and thus decided to start this. I have no focus what so ever and got 3 armies that I paint simultaneously. So the uppdates will probably be 1/3 of what I really paint (Assuming Im not allowed to post anything but Eldar here).

Another thing that comes with lack of focus is that I'll probably change colour a couple of times before my army looks like a rainbow and I have to start all over again. (Thus the name, damage control from the get got... Jk, I'll probably change name aswell so w/e).

I started warhammering for little less than a year ago so I'd love some advice from the more established Archons/Succubus/artistic slaves. Atleast until this log reaches 30 pages, from the on every hint of advice will be met with hostility in the form of me stealing your slaves and roasting your Scurges to protect my then-found pride and arrogance. But until then, feel free.

My plan is to later add a Harlequin group and some Corsairs to complete my fab Eldar army in all the colours of the rainbow. But that's a project way down the line.

Here are samples from my two Wrack units. Not even these are done and the skinny one was from my first DE box. Just so you know what kind of pace we're moving along here.

Kabalite of Fractured Light 20170415

Last edited by Von Snabel on Thu Apr 26 2018, 13:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09 2017, 10:10

Oh I love the colors of those wracks. As an Ynnari fluffy player, I'm always missing coven units that I cannot use

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11 2017, 14:50

Welcome!

Looking stunning already Smile I really like the pasty white skintone on the wrack on the left (and the glossy red one is very disturbing too!).

Looking forward to more Smile

Oh, and there's a 'Distractions' section where other non-Eldar painting and modelling stuff is welcome Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06 2017, 16:09

Ahh yes.
After about 6 months I've successfully(almost) finished about 5 miniatures. With this speed I might have a fully plainted army by the 40th millennium. Here are those few. Still in dire need of basing, but I've atleast come to the decition to make a swap-themed basing for them... Guess that's half the battle.
Kabalite of Fractured Light 20171010

Kabalite of Fractured Light 20171011
Haven't really decided on what skin colour to go for, the pale Kabalite skintone or the Heami colour(not the face, that's borrowed from some poor craftworlder)

Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2018, 14:43

So, 6 months and I've finished another unit. Might not be fast but it's constant. Made some Bikers in hope that they'll be swell with the codex, or atleast as stunning models as ever.
Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0110
Gonna try to get my Talos, or a unit of Helions done next. See ya in another half a year.

Slave
Sinister Intent

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2018, 05:08

Awesome work with the tribal markings - really give the reavers some flavor. I am optimistic, as well, that they will be viable once more in the new codex...it would be a shame to keep them off the table as they are very stunning models.

Wych Cult of the Cynical Blade

Coven of the Second Awakening

Frozen Death World Gaming Board - A Project Log

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 17 2018, 12:31

Thanks mate!
Absolutly agree. While they might been a bit too good last ed.(Internally speaking) I hope they get some sweets with the codex!

Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 22:24

Finaly got it done. Took some time, some work and some blood (for the blood god).
Tried some techniques that worked to some extent. Got some great feedback from the Discord and I know what I'll be doing in the future.
Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0112
Got a new skin colour for my Coven units. I think it look quite nice, badly bruised and dead.
Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0114
Tried some excessive blood splatter from the chains. Might be too much, or too little in some places.

Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0118[/url]
Also played around with a detail theme of my coven units to distinct them from my other units. Worked out ok. Could be better and think I know a way to improve upon it. (Could be green stuff, it's green stuff) Might make it in a grayer tone to make it a little less warm agains the already warm main colour of the back plate. But tests will tell.

Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0117
(It's supposed to be a spine, gonna try to make it easier to tell in the future)

Kabalite of Fractured Light Dsc_0119

All in all I think I got a decent way to continue with my army!

Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22 2018, 14:45

That looks great.

Also, I like the gloss red on the wracks. I hadn't considered doing some that way and yours look fantastic.

Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22 2018, 20:53

Thanks!
I would recommend doting it better than me though ^^ Like thinning the Blood for the blood god and maybe add some subtle muscle tendon Think you can find a Grotesque without skin on google quite easy for some inspiration. They're quite high on my "to-redo once all my models actually have paint on them"-list.

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 20:08

Von Snabel wrote:
Thanks!
I would recommend doting it better than me though ^^ Like thinning the Blood for the blood god and maybe add some subtle muscle tendon Think you can find a Grotesque without skin on google quite easy for some inspiration. They're quite high on my "to-redo once all my models actually have paint on them"-list.

I've painted some zombie dragons and I'd like to offer a tip about the blood god stuff. I'd paint varying extremes with the texture of the muscles. Paint dark dark red, then lighter red, then almost TOO bright red with a small bit of near white near the most exposed. Then, you hit it all with a lhamian medium heavy wash, 1 part wash to 2 parts medium. Let that dry. Then, make your tendons with kislev mixed with your base coat, getting more kislev for the more "light" you'll notice.

After that's dry, hit it with blood for the blood god. Water it down a smidge and do clean thin coats. That way you can vary the brightness and richness of the depth of the underlaying colors to your liking.

Anyway, I really love your Talos's markings and your enthusiasm is fantastic!

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"

Last edited by Korazell on Sat Mar 31 2018, 03:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 21:57

That sounds like fantastic advice. Was thinking about picking up a new box of Wracks soon and will be sure to try it out! Though might some time before I actually get to it, we're not fast here.

I've seen a lot of people trying out that look so I think it'd be vastly apprecierat if you spread that knowledge on more places than this little project log.

Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 03:45

Von Snabel wrote:
That sounds like fantastic advice. Was thinking about picking up a new box of Wracks soon and will be sure to try it out! Though might some time before I actually get to it, we're not fast here.

I've seen a lot of people trying out that look so I think it'd be vastly apprecierat if you spread that knowledge on more places than this little project log.

Ahaha! I guess I could. Or I could buy some wracks and do a tutorial myself I suppose on the whole process with some pictures, but, I'll have to see what the cards hold. I know I need at least two boxes to get my coven/cult list going.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 19:21

So, 4 month later and I've got 1/3 of a unit done.
BEHOLD! The freakshow!
Kabalite of Fractured Light 20180610
Kabalite of Fractured Light 20180611
Kabalite of Fractured Light 20180613

Will probably add some reed once I get my thumbs out of where they're hiding. Will probably just buy a broom I can mutilate. But this will do for now. Need 2 more to even field the guy.

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite of Fractured Light   Kabalite of Fractured Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite of Fractured Light
Page 1 of 1