THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari Empty
PostSubject: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 20:45

Since 8th edition is still coming, and I can't plan on lists for now, I'll start with a project log. I'm doing the Poisoned Tongue for all Kabal forces, and the Cult of Strife for all the Wyches. One day, I will have a combined Iyanden and Cult of Strife force to follow the novel Valedor, but for now, Lady Malys it is.

I did paint up a test squad of Kabalite Warriors - Kantor Blue, Drybrush of Alaitoc Blue, Drybrush of Chronus Blue, Shade with Drakenhof Nightshade - and the majority of a start collecting in the same paint scheme, but I'm starting to have doubts that this scheme is what I am looking for...

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari IMG_2791

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari IMG_2806

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari IMG_2807

(Yes, the layering on that flap of flayed skin is bad and I should feel bad)

There are two options I am considering, right now I'm leaning toward the first one, shown below, which has a flatter look overall, but good nonetheless.

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari M1350304a_BlueWarrior_SBS4XL

Secondly, I am thinking of doing it the 'new' way. (If the GW codex pictures are anything to go by) These guys are more 'traditional' looking and would have a really nice 'pop' on the tabletop. I'm sure I'd like it more in the end, but I don't feel like stripping 30 fragile, spiky models.

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari Scanne19

I also have 20 wyches for the Cult of Strife project, I took a big gamble on them being worth something in 8th edition... Nothing too special on these ladies, Incubi Darkness - Drybrush Kabalite Green, Drybrush Sybarite Green, wash in coleia greenshade. I also Drybrushed raised areas and edges of the wychsuits in grey, seen in the last pic. I am debating on whether or not to shade it down.

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari UbvrMMt

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari M83pH6b

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari NIg9uzH
(Ignore the really bad looking skin on the guy in the back)

Any thoughts and CC would be appreciated, I'm torn on the paint scheme for the Kabalite forces.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeSat May 20 2017, 01:01

Sweet! I must say I absolutely love the sort of jade look you have for the Wych's armour. Watching with interest Smile

As for shading down the Wych Suits, how about a selective dab of Nuln Oil in the recesses to give them a bit more depth, if you feel like you need to at all...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeSat May 20 2017, 03:25

Thanks, it was pretty easy, just drybrush-drybrush shade. I think I'm going to paint a Warrior or two in a different poisoned tongue color scheme, hope to have pics soon...
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 08:01

Update, I did a Wych with some highlights to bring out some depth, and I also painted a few other colors to see how they would look, I was quite pleased, though my highlighting and layering aren't the best.

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari EDkSRNJ

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari J5Apfke

With a positive reception from a few friends of mine, I decided to jump the gun and do the armor highlights for all 20 wyches. After 6 hours of painting and bad syfy movies in the background, I got them done.

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari Y29IKKl

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari S60Ki5e

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari XprmcpY

It may not be very noticeable, but I got tired three quarters of the way through and pushed to get the highlights done - a bad move - It seems like I got a bit messy with some highlights, or maybe I'm just seeing things... All for now
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 08:32

Looking great so far. It is a bit hard to see the details in the last pics since your camera has exposed for the white background leaving your models a bit to dark, but the line work looks fine on the closest models. I have tried pushing through painting "larger" batches of models and I can tel you: Knowing when you have lost focus and stepping away from the painting for a while is a skill worth mastering. Many a painting session has been started with the shaking of heads and having to spend time fixing my sloppy mistakes from the night before. Thankfully it is pretty easy to go over with the base color again and straighten those lines back up.
Looking forward to seeing your models based and properly exposed Wink

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 12:44

Man those are cool Smile I'm really liking the skintone you've got, and how it contrasts so brightly with the rest of the darkened scheme. Very nice indeed Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 18:42

Scrz wrote:
Looking great so far. It is a bit hard to see the details in the last pics since your camera has exposed for the white background leaving your models a bit to dark, but the line work looks fine on the closest models. I have tried pushing through painting "larger" batches of models and I can tel you: Knowing when you have lost focus and stepping away from the painting for a while is a skill worth mastering. Many a painting session has been started with the shaking of heads and having to spend time fixing my sloppy mistakes from the night before. Thankfully it is pretty easy to go over with the base color again and straighten those lines back up.
Looking forward to seeing your models based and properly exposed Wink

Thanks, I'll see to a more proper setup for showing pics next time. I'm thinking of overgrown urban bases, lots of grey with weeds and fallen leaves scattered about, I think that should be a good contrast.

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Man those are cool Smile I'm really liking the skintone you've got, and how it contrasts so brightly with the rest of the darkened scheme. Very nice indeed Smile

Yeah the skin goes nicely with the darker suits and armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E_50_Panzer's Drukhari   E_50_Panzer's Drukhari I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E_50_Panzer's Drukhari
Page 1 of 1