THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) Empty
PostSubject: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03 2017, 20:01

Hi all dark citizens! I alway found stupid to post list before a codex index is out, but considering that we have all seen the rules since almost a week, and that we are for sure all thinking how to update our army, I decided to post a list with personal comment on the unit I chased, so that this topic can be also a point to discuss the changes to the new units. Se here we go:

DARK ELDAR + YNNARI
1500 PST
4 CP
BATTALION + OUTRIDERS

BATTALION

HQ: ARCHON, shadow field and agoniser
Not great expectation on this guy, but I needed a second HQ and he is very cheap and not bad after all.

HQ: HAEMONCULUS, electro corrosive whip
The main hq, good enough in close combat and able to boost himself and near wracks to T5 and raider to T6, one of the most improved units in our codex IMHO

TROOP: 5 KABALITES, blaster
TRANSPORT: VENOM, two cannons
Old classic

TROOP: 5 KABALITES, blaster
Old classic

TROOP: 6 WRACKS, 2 liquifier, electro corrosive whip
These are my main cc unit. I don't expect them to kill thunderwolves of course, but paired with the haemonculus and the archon can be not too bad against many unit. I know that 8 would be better than 6, but I have just 6 and I don't want to proxy at the moment XD

ELITE: 5 TRUEBORN, 4 blasters
I want to let people notice that you CANNOT have 3 blasters and two lances, because 1 of 4 is the sybarite now, and no options for sybarite! I think they are very expensive, but blasters are good, and venom with new splinter cannon seems perfectly to be paired with them at 18 range

ELITE: 5 MANDRAKES
They seems nice now, and I always liked this kind of sneaky teleporting unit, I find them very useful strategically even when they don't kill so much. They can go down first turn to kill a hidden small units or later on in the game to add numbers to a charge out of teleport (maybe third turn for reroll distance).

OUTRIDERS

HQ: YNNARI SKYRUNNER AUTARCH, laser lance
Not completely convinced here, I was thinking to have ILLIC for 15 points less (now that he can target characters with -4AP and D3 wounds seems nice), but I have a nice custom autarch (you can see on the link in my signature) and I decided to go for it. Laser lance and reroll to hit on wind riders it's very nice anyway, and he can add some punch to various close combats around the table.

FA: 3 YNNARI WINDRIDERS, 3 shuricannon
So no scatter lasers. Now scatter lasers are -1 to hit and no ap it's very bad with vehicles. Shuricannon on the opposite in now S6, assault and still "rending". Yes it's just 24, but now if I want I can move 22 and shoot, so different strategy, but still very interesting unit! And being Ynnari the love to be nearer the mess.

FA: 3 YNNARI WINDRIDERS, 3 shuricannon
As above

FA: 6 REAVERS, two blasters, agoniser, grab talons
At first I was thinking to split them in two units of 3, but I want to have +1T on them, so just one unit. They are very expensive, but with their speed they can probably target characters and they are not too bad in close combat, especially if helped by the autarch.

SPARE: 20 pts
- blaster pistol and PGL to the archon and a unit of flocks?
- upgrade the blasters on reavers to heat lances?
- fusion pistol to the autarch and one wrack more?
- two khymera?
- something else?

Look forward to your opinion on the lists, on my unit analysis and on suggestion on the spare 20 points!

RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03 2017, 23:40

One thing about the Archon is that he gives Court units the ability to re-roll *all* failed to hit rolls. Medusae get looking really nasty at Assault 4, St4, Ap-2 with a re-roll (it doesnt say that the re-roll is only for CC like it does in PfP), same with Lhams and Sslyth. Hell, even Ur-ghuls can dish out a good amount of dmg with 6 re-rollable St4 attacks. This just compounds after T3.

I though that the Archon was garbage too at first, but after theroycrafting a bit and going over the rules in more detail, hes definitely got his place. Tomorrow will be my first game, so we will see how he does!

Edit: Also, make sure to account for the Reavers (and Raider and Ravagers) bladevanes, at 1pt a piece.... I keep on forgetting about them!
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 01:40

RoadRageRob666 wrote:
Edit: Also, make sure to account for the Reavers (and Raider and Ravagers) bladevanes, at 1pt a piece.... I keep on forgetting about them!

The images I have of the book list Bladevanes at 0 points, Shock Prow are 1 point though.
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 06:22

CurstAlchemist wrote:
RoadRageRob666 wrote:

The images I have of the book list Bladevanes at 0 points, Shock Prow are 1 point though.

Youre 100% right, I was mixing up baneblades and shock prows! Just going to take some time to remember what everything is worth now. :p
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 07:07

Illic is only -3 and medicore thanks to no ability to select models in a unit... and most characters have a ++ save these days

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 08:37

Massaen wrote:
Illic is only -3 and medicore thanks to no ability to select models in a unit...

Not sure if I fully understood you here when you say "no ability to select models in a unit"? If you mean that he has no ability to shoot at characters without them being the closest he actually is able to, the Voidbringer grants him the ability.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 13:26

I think he meant he cannot shoot to special weapons.

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 13:26

Btw anyone has any advice about the 20 spare points?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)   1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 8th Edition List ( with unit analsis)
Page 1 of 1