THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch Empty
PostSubject: 3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch   3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 17:16

So, what do we think our units should be able to do according to their fluff?

Something along the lines of the following:

1. A model not engaged in close combat at the end of the Fight Phase gets another Movement Phase, but may not Advance.
Fixes mobility.
Gives us something to balance off Battle Focus, Strength from Death and Rising Crescendo.

2. 10points/1 Power Level upgrade available to any non-Vehicle Unit that gives +1 to our Innured To Suffering Roll.
Makes the roll actually worth something.
Gives us a smidge more durability.
Puts us back on the level with things like Catalyst, Blood Angels, Fuegan and Nurglings floating around.

3. Anything that moved 14" or more in the turn gives enemy models -1BS when they are targetting it.
Makes us actually Hard to Hit.  Representing our fluff.
Requires either a double move, a 5+ advance or a long charge for us to reap the benefits. Encouraging a fast and mobile play style.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
trumoi
Slave
trumoi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch   3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 23:12

My thoughts:

1. This seems pretty balls-to-the-wall over the top in terms of speed, we already have some of the best movement speeds in the game. I understand the unique abilities of the other Eldar are crazy-good, but it seems like levelling us to the Eldar simply because we are also Eldar, when it seems more like either the Eldar should lose that, or evey army should have similar abilities. If we WERE going to have a rule like that, I think a second advancement if not engaged would be fair, or the ability to move during the Charge Phase anywhere we want with the rolls, basically removing the need to target a unit to roll 2d6 and move to a new position instead.
  2. This isn't a bad idea but bloats the rules in a way they are very much trying to avoid in 8e, it's not a bad idea, but it would probably make a bit more sense as a special wargear option available to some units but not all.
  3. Once again, seems a bit bloaty for the newer rules. I would personally think it would be better to give us something like a +1 to Armor Save when we Advance, or maybe a +1 to ArmSv during enemy overwatch, something like that. This just seems like its too dependent on certain aspects, and for Hellions and other Fast Attack you might as well just give it to them completely.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: 3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch   3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 23:46

I find myself in agreement with trumoi. The rules fit the fluff, but not quite the framework of 8th edition. Personally, I like the rules we got but would like to tweak the points and stats of various units.

Regarding point 1: I like the concept, but I agree that it is too much. I've always been thinking about a "Battle Frenzy" rule that allows troops to fire snap shots at the end of the fight phase. I think that would fit too and wouldn't be too strong.

And regarding point 2, I think this would be far too powerful on Coven units like the Talos, Haemonculus or the Grotesques.

If there would be a rule I would change it is the open-topped rule so units inside can still shoot out when the Raider is falling back. Or SPLINTER RACKS because I don't see a reason to buy an expensive Raider for a disposable unit of Kabalites.
Back to top Go down
trumoi
Slave
trumoi

PostSubject: Re: 3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch   3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 02:05

I like The Strange Dark One's idea on refining Open-topped (or giving Kabalites/Trueborn a special rule for that). I also miss Splinter Racks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch   3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Army Wide changes to make Dark Eldar more Fluffy in the Crunch
Page 1 of 1