THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My pure kabal force (2000pts)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

My pure kabal force (2000pts) Empty
PostSubject: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 16:28

My local hobby place tends to prefer medium to large scale games so I thought I'd throw together a decent-sized 8th edition force to have a game with on release day. I tried to make it as similar to the army I used in 7th as I could (to avoid having to buy too many new units) but ended up cutting a few units (reavers, razorwing, haywire scourges) and adding others (voidraven, dark lance scourges) to kind of roll with the various nerfs and buffs the new edition dropped on us. I know it's a matter of debate right now whether every unit should have their own transport now that vehicles are more expensive but I just love the gunboat configuration way too much not to. I'm also a big fan of all the super cheap wargear options like the PGL and Agoniser and pulling out a miniaturized dark lance in melee sounds hilarious. Now that squad leaders are mandatory it seemed like a good idea to kit them out appropriately. Venom-mounted blasterborn are easily my favourite unit in the game and the blaster's new synergy with the splinter cannon's rapid fire range feels like it'll work out pretty nicely. Having them zip around the table working with the dark lances from the raiders/ravagers/scourges seems like a good combo.

Of course it's all pretty much conjecture at this point. I'm fighting marines on the day so I'll let y'all know how it goes.

HQ

Archon
Blaster
Agoniser
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2

Elite

Incubi x 4

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4
Blast pistol
Agoniser

Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4
Blast pistol
Agoniser

Venom
Splinter Cannon x 2

Troops

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster
Blast pistol
Agoniser

Raider
Dark Lance
Shock Prow

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster
Blast pistol
Agoniser

Raider
Dark Lance
Shock Prow

Fast Attack

Scourges x 5
Dark Lance x 4

Scourges x 5
Dark Lance x 4

Heavy Support

Ravager

Dark Lance x 3

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3

Voidraven Bomber

Void Scythes
Missiles

Last edited by Toffeehammer on Sat Jun 10 2017, 11:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 17:13

Right off the bat you have to pay the points for 5 Incubi even if you take 4. So I put you at about 15 points over all in.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 17:19

Trueborn44 wrote:
Right off the bat you have to pay the points for 5 Incubi even if you take 4.  So I put you at about 15 points over all in.

I already considered that. The 5th, absent incubi is included in the 2000 points.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 17:30

Okay, it's just anytime I add it all up I get 2005 points.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 18:27

Trueborn44 wrote:
Okay, it's just anytime I add it all up I get 2005 points.  

Huh. That's weird, I'm pretty sure I added everything up okay. Unless I've gotten something's cost completely wrong.

Edit: Nevermind found the problem. Put Archon's blaster down as 10 points instead of 15. My bad. Guess I'll take that off and pass out a couple more shock prows or something.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 18:36

I take it that you and your gaming group interpret "or" to mean blast pistol or blaster or both; not one or the other?
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 18:39

CurstAlchemist wrote:
I take it that you and your gaming group interpret "or" to mean blast pistol or blaster or both; not one or the other?

Yeah sorry, Archon's blaster was a mistake. Updated the list.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 19:58

Just noticed as well that you don't actually fit in to any of the detachments at the moment, because the patrol detachment limits you to two elites and battalion requires 2 HQ, so unless I'm missing something you'll need to change that up. You could drop the voidraven missiles, a darklance and some upgrades from a warrior squad and add an Archon to ride with them. His leadership bubble is also nice because it stops larger squads being wasted because of morale. Then you would need to drop one unit of scourge and buy a 5 man kabalite venom to fit the requirements for the battalion. The alternative is you could drop 1 squad of Trueborn and pick up a second voidraven with missiles and change the incubi venom to a raider and take 6 incubi.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 20:03

He meets all the requirements of the Vanguard FoC.

Vanguard FoC is:
1-2 HQ
0-3 Troops
3-6 Elites
0-2 Fast Attack
0-2 Heavy Support
0-2 Flyers
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 00:04

Yeah sorry. That's my bad again. Should have mentioned I was going for the Vanguard detachment. Sort of toying with the idea of trimming the second squad of trueborn but we'll see how the game goes on Saturday first. Thanks for the advice, either way though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My pure kabal force (2000pts)   My pure kabal force (2000pts) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My pure kabal force (2000pts)
Page 1 of 1