THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Tournament Double force Org

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jgascoine011
Slave

2000pts Tournament Double force Org Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Tournament Double force Org   2000pts Tournament Double force Org I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 11:30

I am thinking of doing a wych cult list but want your guys opinion on it before i spend a tonne of money on something which may suck.

HQ
Duke Siliscus; goes with the splinterborn

Haemonculus with crucible; goes with bloodbride unit 1

Haemonculus with crucible; goes with bloodbride unit 2

Elites
2 units of 9 bloodribes in raiders

9 Trueborn with 2 splintercannons and a 7 splitnercarbines in raider with spliter racks (for 33 twin-linked posion (3+) shots.

Troops
6 units of 5 wyches with haywire all in vemons with double splinter cannons

Fast Attack
6 Reavers with 2 heat lances

Heavy Support
5 Ravangers
1 Jet Fighter

The plan is to have the ravangers sit back and provide some long range fire power. Hopefully the enemy will shoot them instead of the 6 venoms and 3 raiders running towards their lines.

The wyches have haywire grenades because if i get unlucky and loose my raiders early on then i am screwed for anti-tank. So once my wyches get to the enemy lines, they will pop out their transports, charge the enemy tanks, and then in my opponents turn he has to chose to shoot either the wyches or the venom.

The jet fighter is there because
1) it looks cool
2) just so i am not totally screwed for anti-air duty, but really, my plan for dealing with flyers is to just ignore them.

The Haemonculus are needed to anti-physker duty. Plan to just turbo the venoms next to the biggest horde of daemon phsykers i can find and let loose with the crucibles.

I could probably make this more competitive by changing the wyches for kabalyte warriors and save 30 points in the process.

But what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Tournament Double force Org   2000pts Tournament Double force Org I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 13:29

Hi and welcome.

Crucible cannot be taken more than once per army.

Duke with 9 Warriors is plenty of Dakka and a lot cheaper than Trueborn. I think Trueborn do a better job at anti tank firepower (Dark Lance or Blasters). For something different you could run a 20 man Kabalite Warrior unit, take 2 Splinter Cannons and start Duke with them.

There is no 'n' in Ravager. And as for the Ravager's loadout I would consider buying them Flickerfields as Jink will slow down your shooting capability.

I would take Wyches over Bloodbrides, esp now as Wyches (and their Raider) all now have objective secured special rule. Use the points saved to put Grisly Trophies on your rides because after any damage result you'll need to pass a leadership check in order to move and/or shoot/assault.

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Tournament Double force Org   2000pts Tournament Double force Org I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 14:22

jgascoine011 wrote:
9 Trueborn with 2 splintercannons and a 7 splitnercarbines in raider with spliter racks (for 33 twin-linked posion (3+) shots.

Sorry, to disapoint you. It's 29 shots, poison 3+, but not twin linked. 30, with the dukes pistol.
Splinter racks only affect rifles and pistols.

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Tournament Double force Org   2000pts Tournament Double force Org I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Tournament Double force Org
Page 1 of 1