THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven

Go down 
+2
The Red King
Dizlen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dizlen
Hellion
Dizlen

Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven Empty
PostSubject: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 14:31

Which do you guys think is better? I have heard that the Voidraven is the best Dark Eldar vehicle but I would like to get a good discussion on this topic. I believe if you're looking for anti vehicle then the obvious choice would be the Voidraven, however the Jetfighter can take two Dark lances for anti vehicles and still have enough firepower for infantry with the Necrotoxin missiles and the Splinter cannon.

In my opinion I honestly think the Jetfighter is better overall due to it's versatility. You can have anti tank and anti infantry on the Jetfighter - while the Voidraven is pretty much exclusively an anti tank unit apart from it's void mines, but this can only be used once per game. Obviously there isn't a clear winner here because both suit different types of lists but IMO the Jetfighter comes out on top for it's multi-role and being a bit cheaper to. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 14:48

I hate to be the "Eldar have it better" guy here but honestly I love the hemlock.

2d3 strength 10 ap-4 shots that auto hit.

Gives up missiles and the mine but gains being a psyker (which is a defense for the defenseless in our case), smite, the ability up debuff enemies or give itself an added layer of protection.

What really sells it for me is the mindshock pod. It just feels so dark eldar. It stacks with the pgl and our own pfp increasing the threat of morale for our enemies.

Also it has fnp but that's just icing.
Back to top Go down
Dizlen
Hellion
Dizlen

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 14:58

Looking at those stats now for the first time; yeah this ship looks great. (I especially like that it auto hits the target) If this was a debate between the Voidraven and the Hemlock I would say it is a very close call and the Hemlock probably would have the edge. With how easy it is to just field any Aeldari unit now this will definitely be a flyer I keep my eye on.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 15:06

Imo Razorwings because with split fire Im starting to field more units that can more then just one target.
Back to top Go down
Dizlen
Hellion
Dizlen

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 15:11

I agree with you Subsanity. The splitfire potential of the Jetfighter is so nice because you can shoot Dark lances at tanks and use the Necrotoxin missiles and Splinter cannon on troops. It just works really well.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 22:47

To be honest we can take whatever fliers we want from the Aelidari race as none of the hq auras effect them ... So we don't lose anything by taking the hemlock which fits in so well with our ld shenanigans as previously mentioned, however I do think the Razorwing and Voidraven are pretty evenly matched both get missiles, the Razorwing gets more anti infantry but the Voidraven wounds better up to T9 with it's lances ... Hopefully our codex comes out fairly soon and we get a few toys or special rules to tack onto our army that make our fliers even more versatile and fun then they already are.
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 00:45

So I run three razorwings in my list currently.

I try to build all comers list and play the same list multiple times to see how it does.

personally really struggle with knights and other T8 vehicles (theyre in nearly all my games now) I'm honestly considering grabbing at least one voidraven if not two for the S9 shots just to wound on 3+

the bomb, of course, is also mental..
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 00:59

I've just noticed that the hemlock gives -1 leadership.. that synergises so well with our PGL.. Shocked

60 more points than a razorwing though..
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 01:29

The Red King wrote:
I hate to be the "Eldar have it better" guy here but honestly I love the hemlock.

Gives up missiles and the mine but gains being a psyker (which is a defense for the defenseless in our case), smite, the ability up debuff enemies or give itself an added layer of protection.

What really sells it for me is the mindshock pod. It just feels so dark eldar.  It stacks with the pgl and our own pfp increasing the threat of morale for our enemies.

Let's not forget that it gives itself -1 to Hit on top of Hard to Hit with Conceal Smile

http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2017/06/de-hemlock-and-crimson-hunter.html
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 08:45

HERO wrote:
The Red King wrote:

What really sells it for me is the mindshock pod. It just feels so dark eldar.  It stacks with the pgl and our own pfp increasing the threat of morale for our enemies.

Let's not forget that it gives itself -1 to Hit on top of Hard to Hit with Conceal Smile

http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2017/06/de-hemlock-and-crimson-hunter.html

Actually just seen that conceal only works on bikes and infantry
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 09:01

It's any attacks that "target the psyker or friendly asuryani bikes or infantry within 3" "
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 09:02

The Red King wrote:
It's any attacks that "target the psyker or friendly asuryani bikes or infantry within 3" "

nice spot!
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 17:01

BlastaRasta wrote:
The Red King wrote:

nice spot!

Yup Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven   Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing Jetfighter vs Voidraven
Page 1 of 1