THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?

Go down 
+4
Lord Asvaldir
Fl4iedSkul
withershadow
Razkien
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? Empty
PostSubject: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 07:42

I already have two Razorwings, to start this thread off--

So I'm almost to the point where I pretty much have enough models to build whatever army I feel like at any given time but I still need to pick up a few things. (Collecting DE for 10 years is finally starting to get my collection near finished). If I was really going to go all out (and I probably will before the end of my Drukhari collection is in sight) I'll have three Razorwings and one Voidraven bomber when everything is said and done.

I think the Bomber looks really nice on paper and I know it can be a bit pricey (dolla dolla bills, yo) and I don't really see it included in many army lists that I've looked at recently.

I like to build diverse, take on anyone kind of armies as me and my main friend around here that I play with try not to list craft too hard against each other and we like to try to build varied lists we can bring to DaBoyz (the only tourny we go to, we usually make a little vacation event once a year to attend and I meet up with my other friends who live downstate). We follow this "rule" even though we're the ONLY TWO PEOPLE who play around me lol. I also take a lot of inspiration from Skari as I really enjoy the way he puts together some of his lists and how he makes them work.

I'm just looking for some suggestions and maybe some feel good stories about the Voidraven Bomber to try and tilt me towards buying it before my third Razorwing if anyone has any such stories.

Opinions as to why I shouldn't get one are also welcome as I feel I need input from both sides of the aisle to make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance,
Raz

Last edited by Razkien on Wed May 02 2018, 07:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Proofreading / Grammar)
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 10:15

Variety, rule of cool, S9 ranged attack or D-scythes for S8 anti-elite rapid fire, mortal wound shenanigans, 2 extra wounds.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 12:40

withershadow wrote:
Variety, rule of cool, S9 ranged attack or D-scythes for S8 anti-elite rapid fire, mortal wound shenanigans, 2 extra wounds.

Ditto, taht's it basically
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 13:21

Yeah when you already have two razorwing fighters, definetly go for a voidraven bomber, it's worth the extra money to nicely round out your collection of fliers.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 14:54

The popular belief is that the bomber isn't as competitive as the Razorwing, but it's honestly not far off. It's a little more points and not quite as flexible is all. I've actually seen them used in a couple tournaments in my area.
If you're not playing hyper competitive games, then go for it. It's a fun model and the void mine is a blast to use. Who doesn't get excited about the opportunity for 10 mortal wounds??
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 15:17

That bomb can do some damage. It can also whiff completely, but when it works tears will be shed!
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 16:04

During index times I loved the Voidraven because you got 4 Blasters at 24" on top of a durable platform. The Voidmine was a great plus, but its effectiveness was very machtup dependable. Essentially, it was/is an excellent heavy-infantry killer.

But a Disintegrator Razorwing is a great heavy-infantry killer just as well. Couple that with the fact that Voidraven just aren't good Darklight platforms anymore. Blasters got buffed, Dark Scytes weren't. And you cannot bring the S9 Lances in big enough quantities have them make a difference on the field.

As for the Razorwing, I love its flexibility. Especially since Necrotoxin missiles are now Assault 3D3. This is golden.

So.
Is the Voidraven bad? No
Is it a fun alternative to another Razorwing? Totally
Would you get more for your money with another Razorwing? Probably
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 19:20

Thank you all, I think I will pick one up on my next order all things considered. I think it looks like a fun model to lay with and I've always wanted to test that mine out x.x
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 00:42

I had a Voidraven in a tournament last year where in two of the five games my opponent knew they were beaten after my Voidraven destroyed a critical unit with the bomb.

I like the variety, and when the bomb works it can be really powerful.

However, reliability is key for a good tournament choice, and the Razorwing scores higher on that front.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 02:07

I agree, in terms of reliability my Razorwing almost always pull a lot of weight and I've come to really enjoy using them in most games. I will almost always bring at least one to every battle I play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?   Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Razorwing or Voidraven Bomber?
Page 1 of 1