THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?

Go down 
+2
Ikol
KiloFiX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KiloFiX
Hellion
KiloFiX

Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? Empty
PostSubject: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19 2017, 03:05

I have 3 squads of 5 Ynnari - Fire Dragons that I'm using as anti armor. Yes, I realize that there may be better options like Dark Lance Scourges but Dragons are what I'm fielding too. That said, any thoughts on what would be the optimal open topped Transport for them between the Venom, Raider, Starweaver?

I'm thinking Starweaver as it has a better Invul, and also the minus to Hit, and an extra model capacity over the Venom, at only slightly higher cost.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19 2017, 04:28

Yeah, I'd say the Starweaver. Some decent versatile firepower on the boat coupled with a high Mv stat and the survivability brought about by that -1BS and 4++ save make it look good.

The extra model capacity also gives your characters a place to hide if you can't afford their own Transports.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19 2017, 04:55

Unfortunately you can't hop into another faction's transport unless you have a special rule - which only the two Ynnari characters get
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19 2017, 08:35

@Faitherun has it - there is no way for your units to embark in other vehicles outside their own faction.

Only the Visarch and Yvraine have permission to embark other transports from Aeldari factions.

So in answer to your question - wave serpents are the best transport option!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 01:59

Honestly a Wave Serpent is better than all of out vehicles for survival, it will most likely take on the table 5/6 games.

You can get upgrade to advance 2d6 rather than 1d6 and when you advance you get -1 to hit, also always take Assault weapons on it (Shuriken) so you can shoot after you advance.

If you being Ynnari, moving [(16+2D6 (7 on average)] 23" in 1 turn to set up a next turn Ynnari style Dbl Shot from Fire Dragons!.

Im looking at Ynnari a bit for more competitive play
My started 5 units for Ynnari are:
1) Dark Reapers
2) Hemlock
3) Fire Dragons
4) Wave Serpent
5) BIKES!!!!

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 10:37

Faitherun wrote:
Unfortunately you can't hop into another faction's transport unless you have a special rule - which only the two Ynnari characters get

I'm glad you pointed this out as I'd been planning to do something similar with Dark Reapers in a Venom.

For some reason I thought every unit in a Ynnari army gained the Ynnead's Will ability. Embarassed

Oh well, glad I at least found out before playing a game with that list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?   Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transport for Ynnari Fire Dragons?
Page 1 of 1