THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point kabal force

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

2000 point kabal force Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 02:34

A little while ago I posted an army list I was planning to use in a battle on 8th release day against an ultrasmurf force. Well, after probably the bloodiest battle I've ever played I ended up tabling him with only a couple of models left on the board. I adjusted the list a bit to reflect what happened in the game and which units performed well. For example the voidraven, ravagers and trueborn did great while the scourges struggled to earn their points back. I'm kind of a big fan of flyers overall so I decided to trade the scourges for an air wing detachment. Looks like my next game is against necrons so we'll see how that one goes.

Vanguard Detachment

HQ

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Elites

Incubi x 4

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4
Agoniser

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4
Agoniser

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Troops

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster
Agoniser

Raider

Dark Lance
Shock Prow

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster
Agoniser

Raider
Dark Lance
Shock Prow

Heavy Support

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
Shock Prow

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3
Shock Prow

Air Wing Detachment

Razorwing Jetfighter
Dark Lance x 2
Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter

Dark Lance x 2
Splinter Cannon

Voidraven
Dark Scythe x 2
Voidraven Missiles

1997 points
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Slave
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 21:42

I will say that looks like a nasty list!

As a heads up; against necrons, darklances don't work so well due to their quantum shields (roll under the damage caused to completely negate it). I've had huge success with similar lists but with mass disintegrator cannons on anything that can use them.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 22:28

Do you value the splinter cannons? I think they're a luxury upgrade and removing them across the board would save you 75 points. I don't know the requirements for the vanguard off the top of my head but you could change the 10 man Kabalite squads in to 4 5 man squads and add two blasters, or even just purchase a unit of stock Scourges.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 11:45

Yeah, I've been thinking about the quantum shielding and I'll definitely think about replacing the dark lances with dissie cannons. Scoring 6 damage on a dark lance knowing it'll probably be negated is no fun.

Honestly, I tend to value the extra splinter cannons in 8th because I mostly have them on transports containing blasters and I like the synergy the blaster's range has with the splinter cannon's rapid fire range. Since I try to get those venoms within 18" as quickly as possible anyway they're normally pumping out 12 poisoned shots a turn the way they used to in 7th ed.
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 22:34

You aren't able to have a squad of 4 Incubi now I don't believe. Minimum squad size of 5, which is annoying as you can't have an Archon with them in a Venom.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 23:04

You can have an understrength squad, as long as it's the only squad of that type in your army. You also have to pay the full points cost for the minimum unit. I think it's page 242 off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 07:12

@Trueborn44 is right. Page 242, Understrength Units.

Anyway, the list looks like nice and themed. The only thing I miss there is something... nasty. Some dirty trick, something to make the enemy think twice before making his move. Something that is not on the table since T1 Like Scourges or Mandrakes.

Also you have only one small CC unit? What is its role? Its too small to assault by itself, so countercharge? In Kabal lists I myself like to put Archon in a Trueborn Raider, tooled Dracon and no special weapons and assault from T2-3. And a raider full of Incubi or two Venoms or two units of Incubi in one raider.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 16:38

Countercharging + deterrence is probably their main role. It's mostly a shooty list but taking advantage of the fact that everyone knows what incubi do seems to work pretty well. Even though there's only the four of them most times just having their venom in the right place at the right time is enough to make your opponent a bit more cagey with their own assault units. That being said, these four guys plus my archon have racked up quite a respectable body count over the games I've played in 8th so far. There aren't many things capable of shrugging off 13 klaive attacks after all.

There's also the fact that I've just always loved the aesthetic of an archon rolling up to a battle with their incubi bodyguards. Not quite enough to splash out for 9 of them but still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point kabal force   2000 point kabal force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point kabal force
Page 1 of 1