THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FAQ - Understrength Units

Go down 
+14
Trystis
Massaen
wormfromhell
FunkyGroove
Marrath
TeenageAngst
Gherma
Barrywise
CptMetal
Ikol
Toffeehammer
TheBaconPope
aurynn
Hellstrom
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

FAQ - Understrength Units Empty
PostSubject: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:10

"If you are using points, you only pay the points for the models you actually have in an understrength unit (and any wargear they are equipped with). An understrength unit still takes up the appropriate slot in a Detachment."

So we can take 4 Scourges with Heavy Weapons and drop the 5th?
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 21:34

Yes. But only one unit in the army can be understrength.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 22:25

Keep in mind that in your example, one model must be the Solorite, who, to the best of my knowledge, can't take a heavy weapon.

Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 22:30

Sweet. I guess I'm not paying for that one benched incubi after all.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 22:31

I dont see anything that requires you to pick a solarite over any other unit member.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 22:55

Wooh!

Absoloute model freedom has been achieved!

There are now no Tax Choices!

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 23:12

Only one unit though

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02 2017, 23:20

Hoh. That makes running 9 wyches/bloodbrides with a succubus at lower points very tempting

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 00:09

Barrywise wrote:
Hoh. That makes running 9 wyches/bloodbrides with a succubus at lower points very tempting

This was already allowed, this it's not an understrenght unit.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 00:15

I'm gonna abuse the hell out of this.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 00:41

So, like Blast Archon + Blasterborn in a Venom?

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 01:20

Gherma wrote:
Barrywise wrote:

This was already allowed, this it's not an understrenght unit.

Ah! thank you, I misunderstood. I thought we would be able to "counts as 10" for the unit and thus bring 3 special weapons.
Back to top Go down
FunkyGroove
Slave
FunkyGroove

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 01:31

Out of curiosity, how are you going to abuse it TeenageAngst? You can only do it once for your entire army.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 02:43

You can do it once per unit type per army. I can run 2 HQs, a single wych, a single warrior, and a single wrack and have a full battalion detachment. For MSU purposes there's virtually no reason not to include a single model unit of just about every multi-model unit in the army if you're trying to maximize command points. Further this translates into things like a single guardian, a single storm guardian, and a single ranger if you want the 9 command point detachment.

Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 02:53

didn't see this thread and created one of my own. I foresaw that @TeenageAngst would abuse it.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:09

Of course I am. The only fun I can have with this game now is seeing how hideously I can abuse the rules. This errata just made this even worse.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:10

Going the way he is proposing is almost certainly going to be banned from most events - ITC and adepticon certainly as well as every major in the world.

It's meant for beginner players - not to abuse

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:10

TeenageAngst wrote:
You can do it once per unit type per army. I can run 2 HQs, a single wych, a single warrior, and a single wrack and have a full battalion detachment. For MSU purposes there's virtually no reason not to include a single model unit of just about every multi-model unit in the army if you're trying to maximize command points. Further this translates into things like a single guardian, a single storm guardian, and a single ranger if you want the 9 command point detachment.

Wouldn't that be 3 undersized units in one army? I won't have the book handy for a bit.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:17

Quote :
Wouldn't that be 3 undersized units in one army? I won't have the book handy for a bit.

It's one per unit type per army. So you can only have one small unit of warriors, one small unit of incubi, etc.

Massaen wrote:
Going the way he is proposing is almost certainly going to be banned from most events - ITC and adepticon certainly as well as every major in the world.

It's meant for beginner players - not to abuse

God, I just said this is literally the last thing I have fun with in the game and you can't even let me have THAT. They'll ban it when/if they want to, until then at least let me dream that there's something enjoyable left in my hobby.

Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 03:28

They have every option to errata this, or just have a model tax ( pay for what you don't have) and this will go away. It is a very easy issue to solve. If they choose it to, and it is a choice because they can errata it, then teen is well within the game to do it.

In a large tournie you have to expect WAAC lists. I know guard will do it with their conscripts, so why not let teen do it, they will tweak the rules to make it better balanced and life will go on.  Better he does it and get good coverage and then be fixed than every man and his dog destroys local games it never gets fixed

Edit: hello 8 man raider/ravager!
Raider with 2 man 2 dark lance true born squad and 8 slots free!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 05:18

TeenageAngst wrote:
God, I just said this is literally the last thing I have fun with in the game and you can't even let me have THAT. They'll ban it when/if they want to, until then at least let me dream that there's something enjoyable left in my hobby.

Based on the discussions I have seen within the ITC organisers groups I am part of - don't hold out hopes for it to be part of regular events

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 05:32

@Massaen I really don't care. Let me have my fun while I can.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 05:36

Fair enough dude - you enjoy your games how you like

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 05:39

Under strength units are only allowed if you don't own the models as well. So that is a thing as well.

Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 06:13

TeenageAngst wrote:
Quote :

It's one per unit type per army. So you can only have one small unit of warriors, one small unit of incubi, etc.

I see, thanks!

PostSubject: Re: FAQ - Understrength Units   FAQ - Understrength Units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAQ - Understrength Units
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next