THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos units – separate models/units?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgard
Slave
Wolfgard

Talos units – separate models/units? Empty
PostSubject: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 00:58

I am wondering about the “unit rules” for Talos.

RAW the Talos in a unit are deployed “together”, but thereafter each Talos operates as a single model (unit). However, when I see battle reports, it seems to me as they are played as one unit(?).

I am wondering what is the correct way to play a unit of let say 2 Talos.

Hope someone can help me :-)

Cheers,
Wolfgard
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 01:08

You are incorrect on your RAW. No where on the data sheet does it say that they are deployed together and then treated as a single model.

They are a unit. Starts as one Talos and you can take up to two more.

Astra Militarum tanks for example explicitly say they function like you describe. Our Talos do not.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 02:32

As above. In your standard Rule of Three tournament you can have nine Talos, but only three units.

In their case I think it works to their benefit. Nothing like being able to move, advance, fire a pot shot haywire volley, then Fire and Fade yourself with a blob of the things. And let me tell you, I don't think you'll find a Distraction Carnifex as effective as three Talos less than 6" from your enemy's deployment zone turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgard
Slave
Wolfgard

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 07:52

Oh dear, I am so embarrassed! I must have copied entry text from my Carnifex profile and missed out on deleting this rule. And I call myself a veteran (maybe getting to old…)

Thank you so much for helping me out!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgard
Slave
Wolfgard

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 07:54

Silverglade wrote:
You are incorrect on your RAW.   No where on the data sheet does it say that they are deployed together and then treated as a single model.  

They are a unit.  Starts as one Talos and you can take up to two more.

Astra Militarum tanks for example explicitly say they function like you describe.  Our Talos do not.

Oh dear, I am so embarrassed! I must have copied entry text from my Carnifex profile and missed out on deleting this rule. And I call myself a veteran (maybe getting to old…)

Thank you so much for helping me out :-)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2019, 08:26

Lol, happens to the best of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talos units – separate models/units?   Talos units – separate models/units? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos units – separate models/units?
Page 1 of 1