THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Vehicles and paint schemes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

DE Vehicles and paint schemes Empty
PostSubject: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2019, 21:58

All,

Having decided on paint schemes for troops. IE: Warriors and Wyches I'm considering how to follow up with the necessary vehicles. Not trying to be long winded here but my thoughts are that Reavers, Hellions, and Scourges are basically mercenaries for hire. Thus they may, or may not follow the general troop painting scheme. But Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms, Reapers and Tantuluis' may transport troops of differing types and thus locking them into a certain paint scheme, Black Heart for example, might not be the best solution. So with the following Kabals being potentially viable: Black Heart, Obsidian Rose, Flayed Skull, and Poisoned Tongue along with the three larger Wyche Cults, Strife, Red Grief and Cursed Blade painting vehicles to match a specific Kabal/Cult might not be the way to go here. But tying everything together visually would be important I think.

So with all of that. What suggestions would there be for painting Raiders/Ravagers that would "fit" with any of those choices ?

Disclainer: Yes - I know that I can use a Black Heart Raider to transport Red Grief Wyches. But it wouldn't look right to me. Thus the question.

Thanks

Last edited by Grimoire on Mon Jun 24 2019, 21:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't type :()
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2019, 22:32

Unique paint scheme (or your favourite cannon scheme) but paint and use transfers for each of the different kabal/cults on the sails of Raiders, if you dont glue them you can simply switch the sails. Same with Ravagers, Venoms have flags that can be removed or added to little holes with the different colours/transfer. Something as big as the Tantalus is more difficult, perhaps have banner bearing wyches/kabalites hanging from the side with the colours/transfer.

Honestly flyers are the most difficult and the best solution I could come up with is having flags on the base, again interchangeable.
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2019, 22:42

What about paint for these vehicles ?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2019, 23:09

I'm not sure what you mean but by the way;
Black Heart, Cult of Strife and Prophets of Flesh practically share the same paint scheme. Same with Poison Tongue & Cursed Blade, Flayed Skull & Red Grief.
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25 2019, 01:56

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Vehicles and paint schemes   DE Vehicles and paint schemes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Vehicles and paint schemes
Page 1 of 1