THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lootas and the new ork horde

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Askaron
Slave
Askaron

Lootas and the new ork horde Empty
PostSubject: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 04:55

I had recently played against the new ork horde and unfourtuantly focused on the large boy unit over the lootas in the back.

I found Lootas amazing value for damage output and range (48 when all our big guns are 36)

so what is our best answer for dealing with a well supported T4 horde army?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 05:44

Maybe several squads of Mandrakes to get them occupied?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 06:10

I've played against horde Orks before. I've found that taking out those Lootas should be top priority. Else, just snipe out any Weirdboyz he might have, truckks, and any other mobile unit, and you'll find you can ignore the massive hordes of Boyz quite easily. Beware Weirdboyz. I've had a game where one jumped into my backfield, then cast a power that forced my warlord to take a Toughness test or be removed from play. That cost me the win.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:13

Thats why I usually spend around 400 points on my favourite troll part. 10 poison scourges, 2x5 Blaster Scourges. Should solve any backfield problems you might have. 10 scourges bubblewrap the blasters in case of charge and burn whatever I point them at.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:48

Why Blaster? Why not a lance. Far superior if you want to kill tanks.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:50

Because that -1 to Hit bit me in the netherregion more times than I care to admit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 09:54

We have many tools to deal with lootas. Shardcarbines Scourges, mandrakes, even a Tantalus zooming 32" can get them super easily.
And since cover means peanuts for orks now (yay, +1 to a 6+ save), they can't protect them anymore at all.
But I agree, lootas is love, lootas is life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lootas and the new ork horde   Lootas and the new ork horde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lootas and the new ork horde
Page 1 of 1