THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warrior horde?

Go down 
+11
CovenoftheDamned
Siticus the Ancient
csjarrat
Nomic
xzandrate
Azdrubael
Blind_Baku
Mushkilla
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Deyfluff
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:50

Has anyone ever taken units of 20 kabalite warriors on foot with dark lances paired with a haemie? Buttload of shots plus the FNP seems to me like they'd clear out units pretty quickly. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:52

If I was doing this I'd probably take Splinter Cannons instead of Dark Lances, as otherwise we'd either waste 19/38 splinter shots or 1 DL shot every turn.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 10:56

Makes sense. Do you think it had any longevity?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:02

Deyfluff wrote:
Makes sense. Do you think it had any longevity?

If you managed to get it into cover then possibly, although that is difficult with such a big unit. Maybe an Aegis Defense Line would help? It's hard to describe any T3, 5+ unit as having longevity though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:16

Yes but if they were able to rack up a few more pain tokens it may help
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:28

The Haem with the first pain token is the most important for that vital extra 5+ FNP 'save'. He can also pack a liquifier to help out if/when the unit is charged.

Firepower is impressive. 20 warriors with 2 Splinter Cannons fire 12 shots at 25-36", 30 shots at 13-24" and 48 at 0-12". Against anything that isn't a vehicle, that is enough to put some decent hurt on a unit. Tyranids in particular will not want any part of that unit!

Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:49

The owner from natfka.blogspot.com applies this tactic. He has an Aegis Defence Line with 20 Warriors + Splinter Cannons and a Heamy. But he hasn't written up a full article about this yet with some bat reps and experience. So, I'm kinda waiting on that.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 11:55

Supported with 1-2 cronos (nice AP big blasts) and a flamer when things close in. Maybe some sniperborn to compensate for loss of lances. Similar to this list Baku's Fun Footdar. Seeing as Baku writes nice reports and has a game in a week or so I'm sure it will be worth throwing some ideas his way to see how they play out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 13:43

I think footdar was yesterdays chat discussion from ~9am EST - maybe noonish EST. I have my game come next Thurday, Will post a battle rep with that list with any thoughts after using it. (thanks for the link and praise Mush)
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 13:44

It needs Divination farseer.

That unit is extremely succeptible to enemy close combat units, bear that in mind. You will need some counter-charge.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 14:07

Azdrubael wrote:
That unit is extremely succeptible to enemy close combat units, bear that in mind.

48 overwatch shots are not to be sneezed at though.
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 14:10

Azdrubael wrote:

That unit is extremely succeptible to enemy close combat units, bear that in mind. You will need some counter-charge.

This can be said for virtually any shooty type unit. Overwatch and I5 mean we will take a decent piece out of anything that assaults us.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 14:14

xzandrate wrote:
Azdrubael wrote:

This can be said for virtually any shooty type unit. Overwatch and I5 mean we will take a decent piece out of anything that assaults us.

If you get a PGL, it blunts their assault even more as they won't get their extra attack, and can also soften the blow of their shooting volley before they assault thanks to stealth with 8". Or you could try and set things up so your opponent has to multi charge.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 09:51

They make a great bodyguard for an allied Farseer. Can't stick him in a transport anyway, so you need some unit to babysit him. 20 Warriors behind a defence line are pretty resilient against shooting (4+ cover save and can go to ground for 2+. All divination powers can be cast even when gone to ground, so the Farseer can still contribute) and can deliver an impressive amount of poisoned shots. Even better with Eldrad, since you have a very good chanse of rolling the power that lets you overwatch at your own bs (Eldrad gets 4 out of 6 powers), pretty much eliminating their weakness in assault.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 11:35

this unit is all well and good unitil a flamer toting enemy appears. it will vaporise under barrage or flame template shooting. you'd really, really have to work hard at protecting it, especially i someone as dangerous as eldrad is sitting in it
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 11:47

csjarrat wrote:
this unit is all well and good unitil a flamer toting enemy appears. it will vaporise under barrage or flame template shooting. you'd really, really have to work hard at protecting it, especially i someone as dangerous as eldrad is sitting in it

Barrages would be a possible issue but a unit with multiple flamers would have to work hard to get close enough to the warriors to inflict much damage. I assume most players would also keep an assault unit of some kind nearby to protect it.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 12:00

you'd think so, but with outflanking units like tempests, deep strikers or drop pods, there are a multitude of ways you can get shots into these guys squishy behinds, negating the cover saves (and most likely armour saves as well)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 12:19

csjarrat wrote:
you'd think so, but with outflanking units like tempests, deep strikers or drop pods, there are a multitude of ways you can get shots into these guys squishy behinds, negating the cover saves (and most likely armour saves as well)

Put them on the third floor of a ruin. Problem solved. Smile
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 12:26

Mushkilla wrote:
csjarrat wrote:

Put them on the third floor of a ruin. Problem solved. Smile

lol, true!
no good if you don't have the ruins in your deployment zone though :-)

as an aside, has anyone on here taken foot warriors in a wwp style list? they can bring a lot of firepower to bear at short range, especially with embedded heamies + liquifiers
to that end as well, how about trueborn set up for dakka from WWP? more attacks, assault weapons, and FNP from heamy with liquifier could be tasty, especially with support from big beasties
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 20:49

Not many things outflank these days anyway, due to not being able to assault the same turn. And if you do run Eldrad, you also have a pretty good chanse of getting the power that gives a 4++ save to his unit.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 21:17

csjarrat wrote:

no good if you don't have the ruins in your deployment zone though :-)

Good thing you have a chance to influence that during the terrain placement. One of the new rules in 6e that I'm really fond of, being able to strategically place terrain.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 08:10

nothing stopping your opponent from picking that table side though?
i know i'm being pedantic about it, but really, foot-dar seems a pretty quick way to get points killed.
maybe its just me, cos i play marines a lot, but i see a lot of drop pod dreddies (heavy flame), outflanking tempests (heavy flame and scout fire), assault squads (flamers), sternguard (ignore cover rounds).
these are all units that can make a mess of T3 5+ save guys.

i'd rather be moving forwards with warriors in transports, putting down fire and getting out later to claim objectives, than waiting for doom to arrive in the form of gouts of flame
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 08:26

csjarrat wrote:
nothing stopping your opponent from picking that table side though?

Except that table sides are chosen before terrain is set up (I know it makes no sense). The only time table sides is relevant is if terrain is pre-deployed and you don't play the terrain placing mini game (tournaments).

But you are right now that we can only keep half our army in reserve drop pods become a real threat as they will always be able to alpha strike something. And our infantry melt to flamers, and now that FNP is only a 5+ they hurt a lot more then they did.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 09:28

table sides are chosen _before_ terrain?
*frantically checks rule*
crap
missed that one!!!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 09:36

csjarrat wrote:
table sides are chosen _before_ terrain?
*frantically checks rule*
crap
missed that one!!!

Yeah it's one of those rules where you think "And the point of picking a side is?" I dunno maybe you could get a tactical advantage of making your opponent play with the sun in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warrior horde?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior horde?    Warrior horde?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior horde?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next