THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crixalis
Hellion
Crixalis

Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts Empty
PostSubject: Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts   Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13 2017, 22:16

Alright so fluff-wise the idea is that it's a brand new Kabal struggling to get on its feet. Gameplay-wise its my attempt to get some of my 20 ish Hellion models off the shelf (they haven't been touched since GW axed my beloved Baron).

Outrider Detachment, Battleforged - 1 + 3 CP

HQ

Archon - 76 pts
- Agoniser, Blaster, PGL
Sslyth Bodyguard - 44 pts
Venom, Splinter Rifle - 80 pts

Troops

5x Warriors - 50 pts
- Blaster
Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons - 95 pts

Fast Attack

8x Hellions - 140 pts
- Agoniser
8x Hellions - 140 pts
- Agoniser

6x Reavers - 220 pts
- 2x Grav Talons, 2x Blasters

Heavy Support

Ravager - 155 pts
- 3x Dark Lances

Total = 1000 pts

At least 15 Hellions are non-negotiable and there must also be an Archon, also if there's points left over for the Sslyth I'd rather have him than not. Other than that have at it. I included a Ravager despite the theme of the list just because I haven't left home without one in years and it's probably more likely that an out-of-luck, out-of-cash Kabal has a rickety ravager lying around then some heavily equipped Scourges, right?

Also, is anyone having any lucks with Reavers? Even with Painbringer they seem super costly and bad compared to a couple of Skyweavers... Which incidentally seems to also be the case for all our assaulty stuff when compared to Harlies.
Back to top Go down
BloodyOdd
Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts   Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 00:11

Ohh, I like fluffy lists! Have the reavers eat overwatch for the hellions and you should be shiny, in friendly games at least Smile
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts   Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 14:48

I think BloodyOdd is right, this should be fine for friendly games. In all honesty I think most if not all of the units an our part of the book are okay, there's none that I can think of off the top of my head that are terrible, so as long as you support them correctly then the list should work.

I have a group of 6 like yours in my 2000 point list, but there's atleast one person on the forums that had luck running them in groups of 3 as a support/ harassment unit. He used them to dog pile in to combat and tie up tanks which I think fits them quite well. I think with combined shooting and assault the 6 man pack is still worth it as it should stay around for a fair while and it's one less drop than running two 3 man units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts   Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down on it's luck Kabal List - 1000 pts
Page 1 of 1