THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck Empty
PostSubject: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28 2021, 23:32

Well, after we talked about DT Raiders in another topic, I put on my thinking cap and built a new list for me to try:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [12CP, 13 PL, 225pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power

Raiding Forces - CP Refund

+ HQ +

Archon [90pts, 5 PL]: Blast Pistol, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, Overlord, The Djin Blade, Warlord
. Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [135pts, 8 PL]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [-4CP, 815pts, 44 PL] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers (All-Consuming)

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [-1CP, 5 PL, 100pts]: Master Artisan, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Nightmare Doll
. Alchemical Maestro (Custom): Alchemical Maestro

+ Troops +

Haemoxytes [65pts, 4 PL]
. 3x Haemoxyte: 3x Wrack Blade
. Haemoxyte Acothyst: Electrocorrosive Whip, Hexrifle
. Haemoxyte w/ Special Weapon: Ossefactor

+ Elites +

Incubi [80pts, 4 PL]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Demiklaives

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [80pts, 5 PL]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Shredder
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [6 PL, 110pts]
. Talos: Macro-scalpel, Talos ichor injector
. . Two splinter cannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 95pts]: Coven, Dark Lance

Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: Coven, Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Venom [4 PL, 90pts]: Coven, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

Venom [4 PL, 90pts]: Coven, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [-4CP, 22 PL, 460pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession: Cult of the Cursed Blade: Only The Strong Will Survive

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Succubus [-1CP, 75pts, 4 PL]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Dancer's Edge, Precision Blows, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition
. Blast Pistol & Archite Glaive
. Show Stealer (Cursed Blade): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [145pts, 8 PL]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Power sword, Splinter Pistol
. 6x Hekatrix Bloodbride: 6x Hekatarii Blade, 6x Plasma Grenades, 6x Splinter Pistol
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Hydra Gauntlets: Hydra Gauntlets
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Razorflails: Razorflails
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [90pts, 4 PL]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
. Helliarch
. . Stunclaw and Splinter Pistol
. 4x Hellion: 4x Hellglaive, 4x Splinter Pods

Reavers [150pts, 6 PL]: 6 - Splintermind (Combat Drug), 2x Grav-talon
. Arena Champion: Blaster
. 4x Reaver: 4x Bladevanes, 4x Splinter Pistol, 4x Splinter Rifle
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster

++ Total: [79 PL, 4CP, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The Archon is just in, because of the Trueborn. They are just too good to leave them shelved.
But since he is in, I gave him the works, including Blastpistol. And thats it about BH.

For my main close combat force I chose Bloodbribes and a small group of Incubi. Speaks for itself, I would guess.
Of course, a Succubus had to tag along, this time as a Character-Hunter.

We also talked about Reavers and their usefullness on the table, so I also took a unit, but I sized it down a bit.
They can still flank and harrass, but are easier to hide, if necessary. In Addition, I saved points for some Hellions.
I only have 5, but I think they could be a nice bonus. 5 Shredder-Scourges give me additional manouverable anti-infantry shooting.

Last but not least, I made DT my Coven of choice this time. A Masterhaemi to float around and do some, well, haemi-things...
5 Haemoxytes with Hexrifle and Ossefactor can chip away some wounds from far away.
I added a single Talos, because I like the model and to either act as distraction carnifex or to acompany the haemi. Or both.
2 Raiders with Dark Lances can do serious anti-tank damage, especially the one carrying the Trueborns.
I also added 2 Venoms, because they are fast, easy to hide, hard to hit and I think, D3 Splintercannons are worth a try.

Jup, not really competitive, but it has some nice toys and surprises. I dont know, when I am able to give it a try though...

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30 2021, 12:39

The main DT build these days involves using the Chronos flame weapon. That seems to be the main point of DT these days. You sure you dont want to give it a try?

I do like the scourge, but not taking the Mandrakes to screen out your deployment leaves you open to Raven Guard style "put a bunch of stuff right next to you Turn 1" style janks.

My main issue with DT Raiders is losing access to the -1 to hit Lighting Fast Reactions. YYMV of course.

All in all it looks like a really decent list that should do well!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30 2021, 13:00

Uh, well, hmm, ahem, you know... I dont have Chronos or Mandrakes. Thea are in my list, when my pile of shame is...
Not gone, but way smaller. Wink

Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30 2021, 17:13

fisheyes wrote:
The main DT build these days involves using the Chronos flame weapon.

Intrigued - and since I have the 9th Codex I took a look at don't see an obvious "Flame Weapon" so I am curious as to which weapon that actually is ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30 2021, 19:06

Grimoire wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
The main DT build these days involves using the Chronos flame weapon.

Intrigued - and since I have the 9th Codex I took a look at don't see an obvious "Flame Weapon" so I am curious as to which weapon that actually is ?

Thanks

The Spirit syphon is and auto hit weapon.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31 2021, 13:08

Yup. Also S5, so that +1 to wound can get you to a 2+ wound roll Very Happy

Personally I dont run the Chronos, mostly because I like my PoF Wracks. But I see other people running them with decent success (until you get the Dark Eldar mirror match, and a few Lances kill all your Chronos XD)
Back to top Go down
PROjectZ3R0
Slave
PROjectZ3R0

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15 2021, 20:39

Is there any reason you aren't running this as a realspace raid? It saves you a few CP and you wouldn't need to add/change anything, just make it a single battalion instead of 3 patrols. You also get better buffs from the Archon if he's in a realspace raid.

Other than that it seems to be a good list, I'm just personally not a fan of DT for raider because of the chance for D3 mortals. Also I think Cult of Strife is by far the best Wych Cult atm just because of all the stratagems they have access to
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15 2021, 23:07

I refuse to run Cult of Strife. They got all the goodies shoved up their ***es just because they're Leliths bitches.
Nope, never ever. In addition, the BoR stuff just adds too much of imbalance to the Drukhari. They are good enough without it.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16 2021, 12:50

Even without CoS, this list still got legs.

IMHO the main reason to bring CoS is the Ignore Overwatch and the Run Thru Enemy Model strats. You can get around the first by charging your Transport into the opponent first (most of the time, wont help against Necron Doomstalkers), and you can get around the second by bringing Fly units (most of the time).

+1S is pretty good. If those two strats were in the main rulebook, I would consider taking something other than CoS.

All in all, I think this is a pretty competitive 1500 build (although I maintain that Mandrakes are mandatory in any Competitive list [in my opinion])
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck   New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New thoughts, new list, maybe new luck
Page 1 of 1