THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Any tips against necrons?

Go down 
+10
Hellstrom
Squidmaster
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
CptMetal
Mppqlmd
Archon_91
mightydoughnut
The Strange Dark One
Logan Frost
Colifato
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Colifato
Slave
Colifato

Any tips against necrons?  Empty
PostSubject: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 18:57

Hi. Tomorrow I got a 1850 pts Battle against necs.
Got some tips for me?
He runs a heavy infantry list. With arks and one stalker.

I Will post some pics of the result.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 19:53

Lots of disintegrators and blasters, incubi, blaster archon with 4 medusae in a venom.
Don't use dark lances, they're overkill against infantry and probably ignored by quantum shielding.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 20:13

I can also recommend the Voidraven.
Take it with Dark Scythes to get 4 Blasters at 24" and the Voidmine can tear a big hole at larger squads.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 20:55

If you can succesfully tarpit/surround them, they can't Protocol, as the rule needs them to be 1' away from enemy models to be put back into play, so if there is no place around a unit with tons of beasties like Flocks, they are royally screwed.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 21:18

Best way to bog down warriors is with wyches, using Incubi for the killing power, and a Cronos with a succubus to reroll hits and wounds rolls of a 1 turn 3 that means nearly never missing and more wounds too, but dissie and blasters for the quantum shielding is the way to go as they can't ignore 1 damage and have a very small chance of ignoring 2 though 3 is about 50/50 but probably the highest you wanna go for damage there. I feel cc is better then shooting when it comes to necrons.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 23:51

I took gunboats (filled with kabalites) against my necrons heavy-infantry opponent.
When 20-30 kabailtes come close to rapid fire range of 20 warriors, they will all die due to moral phase (PGL helps). And that's what you want to do against necrons.
Round 2, first unit of 20 is gone.
Round 3, second unit of 20 is gone.
Round 4 tabled.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 07:37

You know that they only get the Phantasm Grenade Launcher modifier once per turn?

Did you take 10 dudes with Splinter canon and Blaster or 2 5 dudes squads per raider?

Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 09:57

Charging wyches from out of line of sight on them, so they can't overwatch is great fun. Difficult to do, though. I had good luck with a succubus wych squad and a squad of hellions that kept left and middle board from grabbing the centre, and opened me up to focus fire ond the right board and eliminate it in time to start on the units the wyches bogged down. A squad of 10 managed to hold up twio 20 man squads of warriors for three turns, and the succubus managed to kill their warlord. Hellions died turn three after hacking up those heavy, elite gunnerschmucks they have and suddenly being in the open.

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 10:42

CptMetal wrote:
You know that they only get the Phantasm Grenade Launcher modifier once per turn?

Did you take 10 dudes with Splinter canon and Blaster or 2 5 dudes squads per raider?

I know Smile
I took splinter cannon.
I killed 14 guys in shooting phase the first time. 1d6 +14 losses -9 (10 ld-1) killed the other 7 (it was at a 8th edition discovery event, so we didn't play with command points, as some participants didn't know the rules that well).
Some necrons player in this edition think "With the new Reanimation Protocol, i have to take squads AS BIG AS POSSIBLE". They forget that, even for LD 10, moral is a killer.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 11:29

Do your best to focus fire and eliminate whole units where you can. Their power to return is unreal and annoying, so as long as you can take out entire units in one go, you'll do better.

Also, read up on Reanimation a little.
The last Necron player I played was unsure of the rules, and when returning units he was spreading them right out. When they return, they have to appear within a proximity of the unit as it is before reanimation. Conga lines are a no-no.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 11:40

Reanimation just says they have to be in coherency and more than 1" from enemy models. Conga lines are fine, unfortunately.

The real key to beating Necrons, is to make SURE that you wipe units completely. Don't let them roll reanimation at all. Concentrate fire, don't leave a single model in a unit.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 12:09

"...in unit coherency WITH ANY MODEL FROM THIS UNIT THAT HAS NOT RETURNED TO THE UNIT AS A RESULT OF REANIMATION PROTOCOLS THIS TURN."

http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 13:07

Wait. In that case it might get difficult to place 10 models in coherency with one last remaining dude..!

Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 13:34

Swap your Lances on Rvagers out for Dissies. Take Voidraven or Razorwing with Dissies. All the Blasters.

Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 16:18

CptMetal wrote:
Wait. In that case it might get difficult to place 10 models in coherency with one last remaining dude..!

Meaning that if we can argue this, there is now a cap on how many models can be rez'd per unit. Heh.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 16:28

Also note that he can place the models in front of the unit, so plan your distances well : killing necrons might actually speed them up as he will take the casualty at the back, and replace it at the front with RP.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 17:20

Ikol wrote:
CptMetal wrote:

Meaning that if we can argue this, there is now a cap on how many models can be rez'd per unit.  Heh.

Technically true, but very hard to achieve in reality.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 17:26

Assault blob sqauds with raiders and Venoms. They kinda suck in Close combat and when a 20 man warrior sqaud goes from 40 shots to 0 because a Venom charged them or piled in to them, it's amazing. They become nigh on useless until they can bring another unit to kill the tank, which keeps the blobs tied up allowing you to focus the units one at a time. Speaking of which, always focus their units one at a time. Be very clear on your target priority and once you start (whether it was correct or not) follow through and do your best to kill that unit. Killing the unit removes any benefits of RP, which is our worst nightmare IMO. We do not want to get in to a slog fest with these guys, because they will generally have more boots on objectives and more shots at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 23:12

Also, let's note that while necrons are less resilient in this edition, they hit REALLY hard. Their lords can give +1 to hit rolls to a unit, as well as advance moves and charge moves, making them hit on 2+ on shooting and cc. The special lord Anrakyr gives +1 attack to nearby troops.
So a 20 squad of warriors can shoot 40 times at 2+, S4, -1 AP, then charge and deal 40 attacks at 2+, S4, AP-. That's... very impressive. And it's just their most basic infantry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips against necrons?    Any tips against necrons?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any tips against necrons?
Page 1 of 1