THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

any tips? 2k

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nutcase5000
Slave
Nutcase5000

any tips? 2k Empty
PostSubject: any tips? 2k   any tips? 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2016, 05:10

just started useing the newist DE codex my god how they have been nerfed

now with the codex b4 my army was very strong n would win most to nerely all my games, but that was along time ago and things have changed

as i can add things to it with the new codex looking for any tips or feed back for my current 2k list/current ideas for list to help me decide,
bare in mind most people use marines or 3+ save armys around me area (the useual i know xD) and we usealy play kill points.

Archon  (shadow feild, soul trap, armor of misary, huskblade/agoniser or both?)
with - 8 incubi on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds)

Drazhar
with - 8 incubi on a raider (Disintergrator, night sheilds)

Wracks x10 (2 liqifiers, acothist with agonoser/without agoniser?)
on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds)

Kabalite warriors x20 (2 splinter cannons, syberite)
on foot

Kabalite warriors x10 (1 blaster, syberite)
on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds, splinter racks /no splinter racks?)

Scourge x10 (4 blasters, solitre)

Ravegers x2 - each with (3 dark lances, night sheilds/without night shields?)

8 - 10 kymera warp beasts, 1 - 2 beast masters?

=2095 if i took everything, not sure what to drop

clearly theres more than 2k of points here as im not sure what to have in there, the kymera are a newly added unit to my army i plan to use them quite reserved, to finish off weakened units or help my wracks or other melee units. but i do feel i am lacking anti tank and anti heavey infantry when i compare it to my craftworld eldar 2k army. also im aware that i cant use a aginiser and huskblade at the same time but taking both is a old cheaky tactic i used to do to be able to deal with difernt targets. (just cuz its my fav model lol!)

droping the night shields on the 2 ravegers might be too fatal,
droping the agoniser on wracks might not be a good idea, have u ever charged wracks without 1 into a marine sqad once u think ur liqifers have done enough damege? its can be like hitting a brick wall,
if my kymera sqad is too small then they defo will strugle,
and god knows what to do with my archon. having all that wargear and both wepons might enable him to regain some of his former glory. (fav model lol)

any tips, feedback or critisium would be apretiated, TY
( a "/" followed by a "?" is usealy put for what i am not sure on.)
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

any tips? 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: any tips? 2k   any tips? 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2016, 10:05

Hey there,

Where to begin, and how to say it...

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Archon  (shadow feild, soul trap, armor of misary, huskblade/agoniser or both?)
with - 8 incubi on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds)

Drazhar
with - 8 incubi on a raider (Disintergrator, night sheilds)

These units are way too expensive.

Concerning the Archon:
A Succubus with an Archite Glaive and Haywire grenades is straight up better in combat, and more affordable. As in, 95 points cheaper, with a better combat weapon, able to hurt tanks/walkers, and better stats, and combat drugs.

Concerning Drazhar:
Again, a Succubus with an Archite Glaive and Haywire grenades is more versatile and is cheaper by a full 90 points. He can't do anything against walkers for example, and has no invulnerable save.

As for the Incubi, I love Incubi. I really do. But you have far too many. They're going to eat a squad of marines which cost half their points value and then get completely shot apart in the next phase of shooting. A battlecannon or Heldrake would eat the entire 8 man unit with one shot, just as easily as one half the size.

I suggest cutting one squad entirely, making the other squad smaller (between 4 and 6 models) and upgrading one to a Klaivex to take challenges so your Archon/Drazhar/Succubus doesn't have to.

Then add grotesques, which are tougher, hit harder and aren't even all that much more expensive.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Wracks x10 (2 liqifiers, acothist with agonoser/without agoniser?)
on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds)

This is *ok*, but Wracks aren't very good anymore outside of the Covens supplement. I would never pay points for Liquifier Guns, or Agonisers for that matter. Venom blades are cheaper, and this is one of your only sources of them in the whole army, so take that instead.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Kabalite warriors x20 (2 splinter cannons, syberite)
on foot

You've spent 160 points on bodies alone. If these guys fail a single leadership test, or get run down after a lost combat, you lose your whole squad. Any template or blast will have them keeling over in droves. If you're ever going to consider 2 splinter cannons for Kabalite Warriors, and I'm not sure why one would, upgrade them to Trueborn and stick with 5 models in your squad.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Kabalite warriors x10 (1 blaster, syberite)
on a raider (Dark lance, night sheilds, splinter racks /no splinter racks?)

This is better, but I'd probably lose the blaster and keep them focussed. Keep Splinter Racks.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Scourge x10 (4 blasters, solitre)

There's seldom reason to have 10 of these when you can play 5 instead, and save yourself almost 100 points. The 4 blasters will never want to shoot the same target as the rest of the unit, so its wasted bodies. Haywire blasters are really good - try run the other 5 that you cut in a separate unit with Haywire blasters.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

Ravegers x2 - each with (3 dark lances, night sheilds/without night shields?)

Good. Night shields are your call. Probably ok to cut them if you want to shave points.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

8 - 10 kymera warp beasts, 1 - 2 beast masters?

This is ok. I'd probably find space for this unit well before most of the other units you listed.

Nutcase5000 wrote:

droping the agoniser on wracks might not be a good idea, have u ever charged wracks without 1 into a marine sqad once u think ur liqifers have done enough damege? its can be like hitting a brick wall,

I still believe a venom blade is more versatile and cheaper. If wracks had I5, agonisers would make more sense. Don't fool yourself with liquifiers, they're a shadow of their former power. Wouldn't touch them with a stick now. S3 APd6 for 15 points. What a joke. And you remove a combat weapon to use it!

Nutcase5000 wrote:

and god knows what to do with my archon. having all that wargear and both wepons might enable him to regain some of his former glory. (fav model lol)

What to do with your Archon? Cut him. Archons are awful in this codex at the moment. They can't hurt 2+ saves, and can't reliably get soultraps stacking. They used to be monstrous, face-eating beatsticks, but now they're just around to hold bs7 blasters and provide webway portals.

As for list generic advice, you lack long ranged fire power outside of your 2 ravagers, and at 2000 points, they can quite easily die in 1 round of shooting. Dark Eldar aren't really good in combat anymore - our best tactics are small, mobile units shooting as much as we can, with 1 or 2 counter attacking combat units (usually grotesques/taloi/incubi)

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Wulfvin
Hellion
Wulfvin

any tips? 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: any tips? 2k   any tips? 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22 2016, 17:38

Everything he just said.

any tips? 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: any tips? 2k   any tips? 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any tips? 2k
Page 1 of 1