THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HaeSuse
Hellion
HaeSuse

Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net Empty
PostSubject: Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net   Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 01:11

So, I played first in 3rd edition. I also last played in 3rd edition. To boot, I played a total of 1 game. When 3rd came out, I fell in love with the Dark Eldar, after having played a few hundred million games of Fantasy (of which I had 5k-ish, Orcs 'n' Goblins).

So I bought a raider, a couple dozen Kabalites, a few other assorted things, and played 1 little skirmish type of game. I then lost all interest in gaming, and started chasing girls. Fast forward 5 years, and I had been in a stable relationship for long enough to think, "eh, she won't leave me if I start gaming again, and even if she does, I'll deal."

So I broke out my 1k of Dark Eldar, and 5k of Greenskins, and loaded them up with my buddy in my car, to drive to the LGS, and get some gaming in. I was psyched. I threw the car in reverse, and heard a horrible crunching sound. I had left all of my armies on top of the car, then driven over them. Destroyed beyond repair. Brutally, utterly, murderlated.

Fast forward again, this time 12 years, and here I am. I've got ~2k of Dark Eldar, and ~5k of assorted Orcs 'n' Goblins (Sigmar), again. I also have probably 3-4k of Wood Elves (Sigmar).

Anyway, I got in my first real game of 40k last night. 1k of my Drukhari vs 1k of a buddies Tau. We basically tabled each other by turn 5. Just scattered remnants of units left around. He knew the rules better than me, tallied up himself a 1 point victory. Who knows, I didn't check. I had fun regardless; and, knowing he's played as much 40k as I've played Sigmar/Fantasy, and coming out basically even, had me ecstatic.

So, here I am. To learn and have fun.

Glad to have found this place. Looks like a great resource. I've already listened to almost all of the Splintermind podcast, read all the rule books for 8th, and am ready to enslave, torture, and brutally slaughter all the lesser races of the galaxy!

Last edited by HaeSuse on Sat Jul 15 2017, 03:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong forum.)
Back to top Go down
BloodyOdd
Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net   Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 05:54

Welcome to the City! I have also started up again after a long hiatus but was fortunate enough to not run over anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net   Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 07:29

Oh no! That's a sad story! I thought stuff like that only happens in commercials or movies!

Anyway: welcome to the true kin!

PostSubject: Re: Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net   Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey. New to 8th! New to TheDarkCity.net
Page 1 of 1