THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blue Moon Kabal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Cabal
Slave
Blue Cabal

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 13:27

After weeks of scheming and plotting I have finally received the bulk of my army. It is quite intimidating to see all this stuff that needs super glued. This is not so much a list but a basic foundation of what I will have available. As with most things I don't start slowly, I dive right in!!

2 Battleforces (Brand new)
2 Raiders ( both glued )
1 Ravager ( Glued )
2 Razorwings ( 1 glued 1 new )
2 Venoms ( 1 glued 1 New )
6 Reavers ( all glued )
5 Incubi ( Metal and glued )
1 Haeme ( glued )
30 Warriors ( glued )
20 Witches ( New )
1 Archon ( metal Glued )

I got 40% off of retail for all of it.

So after selling a brand new Grey knights army ( just could not ride the band wagon ) I am finally ready to start playing. Now I need to come up with lists from 1500 to 2000 for our local FLGS. We have a nice mix of armies and guys which include BA, GK, SW, Chaos, Chaos Marines, Necrons, Orks and Tyranids.

Sorry so long winded, just excited to start playing finally!!! So what kind of list would be a good start for a person that has read the rulebook a couple of times, played a couple of games with Eldar and Space marines just to get used to how things work. So I have a good idea of target prioritization and tactics. Mostly from reading battle reports and advice here and on Dakka.

I would like to start with a 2000 point army first. I still am going to buy a couple more things, ravager, Hellions and Scourges.

So looking for suggestions!!
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 22:51

Impressive!

How would you like to play them?
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 23:06

Do you like assault or shooting better?
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 11:44

Hey and welcome to the Webway.

Looks like you did about the same as me. No reason to take it slow since one still wants everything in the codex in multiple.

I put together a suggestion on a armylist here. Keep in mind that this is of course my take on how a pretty basic Dark Eldar force at 2000 can be. There is one thing that you have to convert but that you want to do anyway in the end, i'm talking about the "Blasterborns" (Trueborns with Blasters). This is one of our standard choice cause it is just so darn good. This do however require that you modify the kabalite warriors some to look different aswell as "converting" some blasters since we only get 1 in each box. There are simple ways for this, for example you can cut some into a Shredder and then cut the top of and place the tip of a Blast Pistol there and huzza it is a blaster. Well thats one way atleast, if anyone got better tips please tell.

Anyhow this is what i would create to start with so you get a chance to feel out all sorts of troops. There is unforunly not enough room to play with a larger unit of Reavers since i choose to put in 2 razorwings and 1 ravager. The Ravager is probably the strongest heavy support choice we got. For its low cost and the high amount of damage it can put out.

So here we go.

HQ

Archon: Agoniser, Shadow Field, Phantasm grenade launcher 135
Haemonculus: 50

ELITE

5 Incubis: Raider with Dark Lance and Flickerfield 180
3 Trueborns: 3 blasters, Venom with double Splinter Cannons 146
3 Trueborns: 3 blasters, Venom with double Splinter Cannons 146

TROOP

9 Wyches: Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser, Raider with Dark Lance and Flickerfield 208
10 Wyches: Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Agoniser, 2 Shardnet & impalers, Raider with Dark Lance and Flickerfield 240
5 Warriors: 1 Blaster, Raider with Dark Lance and Flickerfield 130

FAST ATTACK

3 Reavers: Heat Lance 78 (Yes its small and might be killed alot but fast and gives you a feeling on how they work

HEAVY SUPPORT

Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Dark Lances, 4 Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield 155
Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Dark Lances, 4 Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield 155
Ravager: 3 Dark Lances, Flickerfield 115

Total: 1998
Models: 61

So this is one way to go. We focused on Dark Light weapons to begin with since the meta game looks like it does. Due to having only 2 Venoms avaible perhaps chaning one Razorwing Jetfighter into having Disintigrators insteed might be a way to go. Also adding a Splinter Cannon to will make it into a monster at killing infantry.

The small Reaver unit isnt really that good alone. But if you were to play 2 Ravagers and 1 Razorwing Jetfighter you could toss around some points and make that unit 6 men strong with 2 Heat Lances which is not a bad choice.

There are only 5 troops in this army aswell. Again that is so you get to try most of the things out. And i would like to say that this is not a typical beginners army, this army is strong and should work very well as you gain experience with it. You are packing 23 Darklight Weapons and you have pretty good anti infantry shooting. On top of this you have 3 very potent close combat units.

The Archon goes with the Incubis. If you do this there is always good to take a Phantasm grenade launcher on him. Incubis does not have offensive grenades and since Dark Eldar has a very high Initiative you don't want to strike at I 1 when assaulting something in cover, not with this unit atleast. He also brings a pretty decent amount of attacks to the assault at even higher initiative and WS.

The Haemonculus should go with the 9 "men" strong Wych squad. When the Wyches descides its time to leave their raider to assault he stays put inside and lets the Wych squad take the Pain token along with them. This way your Wyches starts the game with Feel no Pain.

So thats a few cents from me. I am sure there are more constructive advices coming along.
Back to top Go down
Blue Cabal
Slave
Blue Cabal

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 02:46

Thanks for the great advice. I think this sounds like a great start to learning the ins and outs of my army. Now all I have to do is get it all put together!! I have started but still have a lot more to go. The troops are going to take the most time. What I have put together so far..

2 raiders
1 razorwing
1 Ravager
6 Reavers
5 incubi
Archon
Haemie
25 warriors
1 venom

All have been base coated and I did paint the razorwing. Unfortunately I tried a purple Vaj. paint that did not mix well and have had to go back and repaint it, the paint was thinned down but it tended to pool and streak and was not that happy with the overall result.

I believe in having a good balance for the army. I have read a ton of articles on target prioritization and making sure I use my cover to good effect. Now I have to learn when to reserve, when to alpha strike. The more games I get in and easier it will be to judge what I need to do.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 07:26

Another suggestion is don't try to make each unit a swiss army knife. Have each unit your taking dedicated to doing one thing. So for Example my 1500pt list

Hame's/Grotesques = Main WWP drop : Secondary Anti-Infantry
Wracks = Anti-Infantry
Wyches = Main Anti-tank : Secondary Anti-Infantry
Truborn = Anti-Tank
Ravager = Anti-Tank
Reavers = Main Anti-Infantry : Secondary Anti-Tank

Main point is having them dedicated towards doing one thing well, but it dosn't hurt to have a few units with multi functions. I think it's good idea to be adaptable.
Back to top Go down
Blue Cabal
Slave
Blue Cabal

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 13:16

Would this follow under using your close combat units to support your firing? I have read that witches are not dominating in CC that they can hold their own but against large groups they need help and as with the Dark eldar way multi assulting is always a better way to do it. ( again I have been reading tatica and battle reports for a couple of months )

I have noticed that most good players view concentrating on taking care of one threat at a time, not dividing up their shooting to varied things. Dark Eldar are best when they have the advantage and this means figuring out what is going to hurt us the most and stopping that.

What is the best load out for a 9 Man Wych squad in a raider with a haeme?

HQ it seems like a no brainer to take at least one haeme and since I have purchased the incubi it would be a worth adding a archon. But should I take vect or just build your own archon. Seems like having a chance to go first is always in my favor.

Last question for now... Haeme.. what is the best kit for him with a 9 man Wyche squad in a raider. I realize that leaving him with the squad for the pain token is the reason to have him, but after that? Is the hex rifle worth dropping him off to take pot shots or do you go liquifyier to help in combat by shooting before the wyches charge?

thank you for all the help so far... being a fairly competitive person I like to throw myself into a new challange and know I am going to make a lot of mistakes, but learning from my peers and having fun is part of why I am starting 40k!
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 18:50

Hex rifle isn't really worth it unless you verbal threaten your opponent with it to kill his 200pt+ IC or use him as bullet magnet. Personally with wyches you can give the hame scissor hands and a venom blade for 4 attacks on the charge that wound on a 2+ and keep him with the wyches
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 19:53

lululu_42 wrote:
Hex rifle isn't really worth it unless you verbal threaten your opponent with it to kill his 200pt+ IC or use him as bullet magnet. Personally with wyches you can give the hame scissor hands and a venom blade for 4 attacks on the charge that wound on a 2+ and keep him with the wyches

Actually the Haemonculus should never leave the raider if he joins Wyches. If he tags along outside they wont be able to fleet and in pretty much every case you want to do that to make sure you get the assault in.

So Haemonculus works best with Liquifier guns imo. This way you don't just spend 50p for a pain token, you actually have him do some useful stuff besides that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Cabal
Slave
Blue Cabal

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 21:28

And I know this has been asked a hundred times over, but after I get use to vanilla dark eldar. What other items should I look into, Scourges, Hellions?
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 06:20

teknistmajjan wrote:
lululu_42 wrote:

Actually the Haemonculus should never leave the raider if he joins Wyches. If he tags along outside they wont be able to fleet and in pretty much every case you want to do that to make sure you get the assault in.

So Haemonculus works best with Liquifier guns imo. This way you don't just spend 50p for a pain token, you actually have him do some useful stuff besides that.

Didn't know that. Well I don't use the Hames as pain token generators so yea don't keep the hame with the wyches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue Moon Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Moon Kabal   Blue Moon Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Moon Kabal
Page 1 of 1