THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers, warlocks or farseer?

Go down 
+7
amorrowlyday
TeenageAngst
Groan
masamune
lcfr
Jimsolo
Subsanity
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Reavers, warlocks or farseer? Empty
PostSubject: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 04:42

I have 3 reavers and thinking of converting them... The question at hand is do I make them warlock skyrunners. Cheep and I can use all 3 to help protect my army with drain. Or do I go all out on one and make a farseer or in my case a Darkseer for DOOM! Has anyone had experance and can help me out?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 05:00

Doom Farseer is pretty sweet, especially in a Ynnari force.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 05:04

Yea the more I look at doom the more Im sold. So that will be 3 hqs for my ynnari. Yncarne, visarch and farseer.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 05:36

I play with a Farseer Skyrunner w/Singing Spear and it's pretty incredible.

Casting Doom on a unit literally guarantees that even focussed splinter fire would smear it from the face of the earth, it's nuts.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 15:24

The more I look into Farseer skyrunner, the more I wan't one as a support for my army.
And the model looks great too ^^

Reavers, warlocks or farseer? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Reavers, warlocks or farseer? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28 2017, 21:07

I've also been looking at getting one to replace my Archon in my Drukhari HQ slot.
The main bulk of my army are Reavers. Having a Doom wielding HQ at the forefront keeping up with the other bikes would be awesome.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28 2017, 21:20

Farseers are the best unless you're running an Eldar list, because conceal only affects Eldar infantry/bikes. Drukhari™ benefit from doom a lot.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28 2017, 23:57

Fluff-wise, why would a Farseer be leading a Drukhari raiding party?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 00:11

Mercenaries come in all shapes and sizes.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 01:48

Because he foresaw the downfall of himself/his craftworld/entire species if he didnt? Or a phoenix lord bloody well told him to ditto with a harlequin grand troupe leader. Or he just hired a bunch of mercs as they dont need to survive or his craftworlds forces are already fully engaged in something.

Farseers are really the easiest unit to find common ground with Drukhari cause the "runes (coughtzeentchcough) told them to"

Now getting incubi and striking scorpions to not kill each other ... thats a whole different game
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 03:12

Why would a Farseer lead the first wave of assault in a raid put on by the True Kin?
I'm thinking an explosive collar. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 14:30

Because fudge the path of the seer, a corsair's life for him.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 15:25

Logan Frost wrote:
Because fudge the path of the seer, a corsair's life for him.

Yoho a prophet is free, you are a farseer !
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:03

That tune has been in my head for last 2 hours now because of you.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29 2017, 17:15

Sadistically yours Twisted Evil
You're welcome
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31 2017, 08:54

I love the explosive collar idea haha

*And a bottle of... rhum*

Reavers, warlocks or farseer? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Reavers, warlocks or farseer? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers, warlocks or farseer?   Reavers, warlocks or farseer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers, warlocks or farseer?
Page 1 of 1