THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question about the Ynnari

Go down 
+4
tonytastey
TheHostwiththeMost
Count Adhemar
Sanore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

Question about the Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 09:41

Hello guys, I was messing around on Battlescribe yesterday and looking at the best ways to convert the models I have from my Drukhari army to a Ynnari army. However, Battlescribe is telling me that a tantalus can't be a part of a Ynnari detachment. I can't find anything in the rules or the faqs so I was wondering if you guys could help me understand better. Is the tantalus really not allowed in a Ynnari army or is it just the Battlescribe data repository being outdated?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 10:16

Quote :
‘If the Warlord of your army is either Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne then – with the exception of <Haemonculus Coven> units, Urien Rakarth, Drazhar, Mandrakes and the Avatar of Khaine – any Aeldari unit can also be Ynnari.

Is the Tantalus an Aeldari unit?

Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 10:26

Count Adhemar wrote:
Quote :
‘If the Warlord of your army is either Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne then – with the exception of <Haemonculus Coven> units, Urien Rakarth, Drazhar, Mandrakes and the Avatar of Khaine – any Aeldari unit can also be Ynnari.

Is the Tantalus an Aeldari unit?
Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27 2017, 11:38

There's your answer then! Very Happy

TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 00:55

Yeah, keep in mind battlescribe is great for theory crafting an considering a lists...

However, it is notorious for being just a little bit off...  Not only in points, but sometimes wrong upgrades etc.  I dont know the team behind battlescribe or how big it is, but 40k is still super complicated when it comes to creating a program that can figure all this stuff out.  I dont envy whoever is coding it.  Over all they have done an excellent job, but it doesnt get rid of the need to double check.

Always take out each codex and math it out by hand. It annoying, but it saves you from traveling to a tournament only to be approached by a TO and told your list is invalid.
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion
tonytastey

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 03:32

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to convert your guys to Ynnari?
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 05:52

I dont think you have to do anything... But I am doing mostly spirit host so I plan on somehow making it look like yvraine put the souls into the wraith bodies. Still building so I havent got a chance to test anything out yet. Super excited to use wraithguard without having to webway them in with an Archon or Succubus lol.

If that doesnt work out I will probably just do some kind of red trim like a shoulder pad or weapons.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 08:07

tonytastey wrote:

If you choose to play as Ynnari for some reason you don't have to do anything to convert the models, they're just regular CWE/DE models with a new keyword.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 09:13

tonytastey wrote:

It's purely aesthetic, if you want you might, but it's perfectly fluffy to have no conversions at all, like your army are fresh Ynnari converts. Their motiff is mostly red colors and a lot of people add a symbol of a bloody hand here and there.

TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 10:07

mightydoughnut wrote:
a lot of people add a symbol of a bloody hand here and there.

That is what I was talking about doing in another thread, do a lot of people really do that?  I thought I had a pretty original idea (well taken from the white hand in LOTR, but original for ynnari at least). I cant find anything online about bloody hands and ynnari either.

If everyone is doing that, ill come up with something else. I know its cliche but I like trying to do something unique lol.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 10:35

TheHostwiththeMost wrote:
mightydoughnut wrote:
a lot of people add a symbol of a bloody hand here and there.

That is what I was talking about doing in another thread, do a lot of people really do that?  I thought I had a pretty original idea (well taken from the white hand in LOTR, but original for ynnari at least). I cant find anything online about bloody hands and ynnari either.

If everyone is doing that, ill come up with something else.  I know its cliche but I like trying to do something unique lol.

I was speaking from looking at tournaments in my local area etc. Personally I think bloody hand is not a good Ynnari symbol, as Khaine is the Bloody-handed god. Very Happy However, the best Ynnari conversions so far that I saw are usually very subtle - small Ynnead rune here and there or tiny red stripes on a pauldron.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 13:23

My guys are just the normal CWE/DE with one pauldron or bit painted red (Ynnari color) with the Ynnead rune.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 00:01

mightydoughnut wrote:

I was speaking from looking at tournaments in my local area etc. Personally I think bloody hand is not a good Ynnari symbol, as Khaine is the Bloody-handed god. Very Happy However, the best Ynnari conversions so far that I saw are usually very subtle - small Ynnead rune here and there or tiny red stripes on a pauldron.

Damn I went like 20 pages in a couple google image searches and didnt see anything Crying or Very sad

Well back to the drawing board >.<

Yvraine/Yncaern (sp?), do they need to use spirit stones or can they bypass having to use them? I thought I read somewhere that they can store spirits inside themselves. Also, how exactly is a soul put into a wraith? I still cant find any info on that.

Thinking maybe doing cracked spirit stones, but man that would be a lot of work, or maybe do like a red fade showing the wraithbone turning red because of the vicinity to the god of death.

If they do need spirit stones, maybe Ill try and make it look like they have been in the eye of terror trying to collect more from the crone worlds.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 00:31

They don't use Spirit stones. Ynnead absorbs their souls through the Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 00:51

Jimsolo wrote:
They don't use Spirit stones. Ynnead absorbs their souls through the Ynnari.

Hmm so maybe they dont make wraiths at all or they do just without spirit stones? I mean, I guess they wouldnt need to stone to put the spirit in the bodies as the stone is just like a black box for your spirit.

Imagine shaving all the stones off everyone...

Maybe I could black them all out like they are missing or inactive.

I wonder if I could convert spiritseers with heamonculi parts seeing as ynnari dont need spirit stones, a spiritseer would act more as a wraithsuit repairer.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 01:16

They carry spirit stones to channel the dead spirits through them or w/e because it conveniently allows you to continue to use existing models.

Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 15:29

I thought they carried spirit stones to extract the souls stored to power themselves, sorta like backup batteries. The Yncarne is generated by the spirit stones swirling around her/him/it.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 15:33

They still carry the stones (for sentimental reasons, tradition, or 'backup batteries,') I just don't think they use them for the same purpose anymore.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 17:47

Idk don't think too hard about it. GW didn't.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 19:02

Say what you want about the rules, but the amount of thought and debate that goes into crafting the background lore is prodigious.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 19:09

It was prodigious, prior to the gathering storm books however. The gulf between the wonderful narrative of yore and the current offerings is... well... are you familiar with the Marianas Trench?

Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 19:15

TeenageAngst wrote:
Idk don't think too hard about it. GW didn't.

If we don't who will?

Say what you want about Matt Ward, but at least...
actually, say what you want.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 19:32

Since the subject of the conversation seems to have wildly shifted from rules to lore, moving the thread to the appropriate forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Ynnari   Question about the Ynnari I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about the Ynnari
Page 1 of 1