THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

IA 11 Ynnari now?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 05:38

So, if I'm reading everything correctly, the FW Eldar can now be taken as part of a Ynnari army, legally. Have I misread this? Skathach Wraithknights? Irrylith? Shadow Spectres? I'm pretty stoked.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14 2017, 05:52

Yeah you can do that.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 17:17

Reading through it, there seems to be some pretty sick stuff there.

Shadow Spectres seem crazy good.  The prism weaponry seems like it got better (the infantry versions, at any rate). The exarch ability seems awesome (add one extra die when rolling Morale, take the lowest).

Irrilyth seems like the big winner--afaik he's the only special character with an ability that has a buff bubble larger than 6", and he's the only Force Multiplier I've seen.  (If you missed it, he has an 18" version of the Exarch ability, and gives every unit of Shadow Spectres the same 18" bubble, AND it stacks with the Exarch version.)

Skathach Wraithknights seemed like the best WK in the last edition, and I'm not sure about this one.  They can't benefit from SfD, but at least I can take them in with the same faction now.

Last edited by Jimsolo on Tue Jul 18 2017, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 21:14

I'm really hoping that exarch ability is to take the lowest. You don't want to be taking the highest.

Wouldn't surprise me is that was a mistake, since I know they said "discard the lowest" on corsairs and FAQ's it to be "discard the highest."

Dracon
Jimsolo

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 21:18

It is take the lowest, just a typo on my part.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 18:55

Shadow Specters are amazing, i have 5 and thinking of getting 5 more.... Especially in Ynnari.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 19:11

Do you use Irrilyth, too? Stacking those two abilities just seems so brutal to me. Plus the 18" bubble gives me warm memories of Freakshows past...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 19:15

Jimsolo wrote:
Do you use Irrilyth, too?  Stacking those two abilities just seems so brutal to me.  Plus the 18" bubble gives me warm memories of Freakshows past...

I have not yet, i just got my book and Tantalus last week, i'm loving Shadow Specters, i need to play with more in the book.

I have 2 Hornets and a Warp Hunter, but my Hornets are..... with Hornets Pulse Lasers and i feel Shuriken Cannons are best for them, i might convert 2 of of my Venoms into Hornets.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IA 11 Ynnari now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IA 11 Ynnari now?   IA 11 Ynnari now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IA 11 Ynnari now?
Page 1 of 1