THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Refined Leeches

Go down 
+2
AshCrow
Mppqlmd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 15:41

I will probably want to post some pictures of models from time to time, so let's create a thread where i can do it without flooding other discussions.
The Kabal of the Refined Leeches are a group of very interesting individuals that are all passionate about other cultures and races. They are basically the Arthur Weasley of Commorragh, and everyone laughs at the collection of worthless artifacts they amassed from countless civilisations.
But they remain a Kabal, and their raids are not a joke. Just because they steal your quaint but charming potery to put it in a museum doesn't mean they aren't going to capture you, torture you and feed you to their mighty beasts. Culture and art comes in all forms.

First, i was asked to show the conversion i did to get more Dark Lances. Here is one I mounted on a (quite special) Raider. The Raider is an old model, that i got for free because it was broken, and fixed it with sails from other Raiders. The man manning the Dark Lance is my Archon himself, and the Dark Lance is made of a Razorwing missile glued to some other bits.
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6912
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6913
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6914
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion
AshCrow

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 15:50

Nice conversion and I really dig your kabals lore!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:05

Thanks, it means a lot Smile

Here are the Hellions of the Refined Leeches, that are currently wearing Bluejeans armor they looted recently on a strange planet. Fashion victims they are. Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6915
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6916
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:07

I won't show my wyches yet (they belong in the non-yet-painted-thus-not-showable part of the army), but here is a conversion i already talked about, aiming to get more hydra gauntlets. I basically glued the dents of the Razorflail alongside an arm, and the result looks like a chainsword gauntlet (which makes a decent Hydra Gauntlet for me). Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6917
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6918

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Thu Aug 03 2017, 16:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:08

The bulk of my painted force, Kabalites and their raiders.
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6919
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6920
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6921
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6922
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:10

And my current painting project : scourges (only the bird scourges are visible. I can't make my mind for a cool color scheme for Bats. The bird scourges are painting a bit like Swans, mostly for the head). Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6923
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn6924
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion
AshCrow

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:12

The blue and orange go really well together Imo. That chainsaw fist Hydra gauntlet is sick. Makes me think of ash from evil dead.
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion
AshCrow

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:14

Well, you inspired me to paint today. Keep up the fantastic work, I'm excited to see more!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 16:20

Quote :
Makes me think of ash from evil dead.
Haha, true, it might unconsciously come from there ! It's very easy to do (i might do a tuto if i decide to do the same weapon for the other arm).
Quote :
Well, you inspired me to paint today. Keep up the fantastic work, I'm excited to see more!
Thanks. This forum has given me a great deal of inspiration and information, so i'm happy to help spread the spirit Smile

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:46

Very nice work, and thanks for sharing.
I really like the unconventionnal color scheme, and you did put great effort in their lore.

Also, could you be more specific about the part used to create dark lances ? You'd be lovely Smile

Kabal of the Refined Leeches  19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Refined Leeches  4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 23:40

It's the head of a dissie cannon glued to the lower half of a RWJF missile. You can also notice the Heavy Weapon supporter (from the Warriors squad), that's used to glue the gun to the boat (and the handle, from the same kit).
The same thing will be tried with a heat lance replacing the dissie, to make for a more sleeky DL (for scourges).

Thanks for the kind words Smile

For those interested about how i paint the poison flowing through the tubes of my splinter weapons, here is my protocole :
- Paint generously in a bright yellow
- Ink in Biel tan green
- Ardcoat

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 14:38

Here is the aforementioned Converted Raider with the Archon at his bow, after his paintjob.

Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7010
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7011
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7012

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 23:06

More pics, since i just finished a conversion inspired from something i saw in CaptainMetal's army : ghost mandrakes. I really loved the idea that Mandrakes would look more like ghosts/shadow killers, with a less tangible form than the official models. So here is goes :
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7013
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7014
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7016
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7015
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7017

Hellion
Voidhawk

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 17:34

Wow, those ghost mandrakes are great! What did you use for them?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18 2017, 20:23

A box of Spirit Hosts (from AOS). You get 3 swarm bases that can make 3 ghosts each.
I used foam and plastic tubes from Reavers to make them stand up. Voilà

The captain is an old Banshee i had floating around for some reason.

Thanks btw Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 01:35

Very cool, I do love a good back story, and I have to admit, after reading Mandrake fluff I'm really digging the spirit host idea. I'd love to get my hands on the Nagash or Mortarch bases for some conversion fun for them. Smile

Really liking what you are doing with the paint scheme to, especially the scourges, what if you painted your bat scourges in the negative colours of your swans? I think that would give a really great contrast.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 05:32

Quote :
what if you painted your bat scourges in the negative colours of your swans?

That's a pretty solid idea ! Right now i was considering going all the way down to pop culture and paint them as batman and robin, but i could try that Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 13:05

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :
what if you painted your bat scourges in the negative colours of your swans?

That's a pretty solid idea ! Right now i was considering going all the way down to pop culture and paint them as batman and robin, but i could try that Smile

Thanks Very Happy...If you do decide to go batman and Robin, one will require Shark Repellent spray Wink

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27 2017, 22:04

Just bought 21 Kabalites, 16 Craftworlder (12 guardians, 4 Avengers) and a fire prism (all ancient models from 2nd edition) for 50 bucks. I really need to get busy painting Smile

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 20:32

Here's my finished squad of "Demons and Angels" Scourges.
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7019
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7018
Kabal of the Refined Leeches  Dscn7020

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 13:36

Nice, they compliment each other nicely Smile

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 15:57

Those ghost mandrakes looks gorgeous.

What's did you used as model for the "sergent" ? Smile

Kabal of the Refined Leeches  19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Refined Leeches  4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 16:56

Quote :
What's did you used as model for the "sergent" ?

The Mandrake Sergent simply is a Banshee model from the old Vampire Counts army in WHFB.
I don't think it's sold anymore... i got it a while ago as a gift, and decided to finally put it to use.

Quote :

Nice, they compliment each other nicely
Thanks. Unfortunatly, i had no Shark Repellent to give them...

Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 13:22

they are rly good looking mate!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 14:32

Lord Xelian wrote:
they are rly good looking mate!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks ! pirat

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Refined Leeches    Kabal of the Refined Leeches  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Refined Leeches
Page 1 of 1