THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet

Go down 
+6
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
AshCrow
LordSplata
tibersky
TheBaconPope
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 02:12

I've found that there's nothing worse than going into a game unprepared. But obsessively crunching the numbers on every aspect of how every unit preforms against every possible target isn't usually viable, or enjoyable, for most players. (I wish I could say I'm part of that group.)

But fear no longer! I've compiled a quick cheat sheet of our most common weapons, and how many shots it'll take to destroy a variety of their intended targets. Not much else to say, so here it is!

All of these are based on the number of shots needed to kill a single model.

Splinter Weapons:
GEQ: 4.5
MEQ: 9.0
TEQ: 36.0

Disintegrator Cannons:
GEQ: .75
MEQ: .90
TEQ: 1
(Note: this is based on Cannons, not shots. So you have to fire one cannon, i.e. three shots, to kill a Terminator)

Dark Lance - BS:3+:
Rhino: 7
Leman Russ: 11
Land Raider: 17

Dark Lance - BS:4+:
Rhino: 9
Leman Russ: 14
Land Raider: 22

Blaster:
Rhino: 12
Leman Russ: 18
Land Raider: 22

Disintegrator Cannon - Vehicles:
Rhino: 9
Leman Russ: 11
Land Raider: 18
(Note for this one this is individual cannons not shots. So to kill a Rhino you will need nine cannons totaling 27 shots.)

This is by no means a completely comprehensive list, but rather just a quick tool to help you judge how to divide your firepower to take out desired targets. Hope this helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 03:18

Awesome! This is good work! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13 2017, 03:30

That is a really neat idea, very useable, and good on the fly if you dont have time to run it all through a mathhammer calculator
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion
AshCrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 00:09

Thank you for writing this up
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 01:18

Neat!

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 10:10

Nice work but could I suggest keeping all numbers on the same basis, so dissies would show number of shots rather than number of cannons. It just seems potentially confusing to have one weapon calculated on a different basis to all the others.

Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 10:56

This here is pure gold. thanks.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 12:04

It's a good idea, so I thought I'd make a larger cheat sheet since I already had done the math for index weapons in this thread.

Here the number refers to the number of WEAPONS of the named type firing at BS3+ at the target that are required to kill 1 model of the target type on average.

It's done by taking 1/average wounds at BS3+ then multiplying by no. wounds. Because it's a quick cheat sheet I rounded it to 1 decimal.

The targets are GEQ = T3 W1 Sv 5+, MEQ = T4 W1 3+, PEQ = T4 W2 3+, TEQ = T4 W2 2+ 5++, DEQ = T7 W8 3+, LREQ = T8 W12 3+, PWEQ = T3 7+ FNP 5+, DPNEQ = T6 W10 3+ 5++ FNP 5+. D standing for Dreadnought, LR for Leman Russ tank, PW for Poxwalkers and DPN for Daemon Prince Nurgle.

Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet Sieppa10

S Rifle R & co means "at rapid fire range", HL Half R = heat lance half range, and SHF Miss are shatterfield missiles. It is color coded by rows so the best weapon at killing the target is greener and the worst is redder.

Looks like it takes 162 Sybarites firing Phantasm Grenade Launchers to kill a Leman Russ tank on average.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 14:10

Seeing the stats for BS4+ Dark Lances vs. Blasters against vehicles has made me reconsider which ones I should use on Scourges.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 10:50

What have you changed from and too?

Could I recommend you transpose that chart to make it vertical? In general vertical for comparison is easier for a persons eyes to skim
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 11:55

LordSplata wrote:
What have you changed from and too?

From Blasters to Dark Lances. If they move, then they're about the same. If they stay still then the Dark Lances are significantly better.

And of course, the lances have twice the range.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17 2017, 01:02

I thought that would be the case, but I wasn't sure.

ONe thing I've been thinknig about recently is that 2 blasters standing still are almost equivalent to 1 dark lance standing still. (they are only 4/3.5 better against multi wound targets). and yet cost 50% more in points, for the cost of a splinter rifle.

So here is the question. Blasterborn (or anyhitng with a blaster) should it just be a darklance born?!?
You get less dark lances but they do almost equivalent damage, and leave you with the option of adding some extra blasters in for more firepower.

"But Lord Splata, you can more with blasters!" - to which I would reply, how about this. A with 2 dark lances and 1 blaster (and a splinter rifle) vs multiwound targets while on the move is equivalent to a 4 man blaster squad. but stationary is 25% better.

Numbers:
On the move Vs T7_3+_Vehicle
2 dl 1 bl: 25.18 points per wound
4 Bl: 24.75 points per wound

And Stationary Vs T7_3+_Vehicle
2 dl 1 bl: 20.37 points per wound
4 Bl: 24.75 points per wound

The only issue is against MEQ the blasters are superior in this configuration, both on the move and stationary as the splinter rifle and the darklances dont get their multi wound effect coming into play as much.

The numbers look like this:
On the move Vs MEQ
2 dl 1 bl: 51.5 points per wound
4 Bl: 39.6 points per wound

And Stationary Vs MEQ
2 dl 1 bl: 43.94 points per wound
4 Bl: 39.6 points per wound

This could get mitigated by adding an extra blaster, at which point they would deal a little less damage by points, and less on the move, but have the much superior range when required.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17 2017, 04:23

We have other tools to take care of MEQ though right? Why not switch Blasters to DL's and take Dissies on your raiders to cover MEQ + Other armor saves.

I'm absolutely astonished by the TL Liquifier results, especially compared to the stinger pods. yow!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet   Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Cheat Sheet
Page 1 of 1