THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What points level do you play at the most?

Go down 
+16
Angrypeasant
Marquis Vaulkhere
lululu_42
red_head
Urien Rakarth
Deneris
Thor665
Baron Tordeck
abjectus
Darklight
Evil Space Elves
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
Phototoxin
Cailos
Sky Serpent
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

What points level do you play at the most? Empty
PostSubject: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 20:56

I've always found it interesting to hear what different points limits players from around the world use and also why. I know that the in the US 1850 is the most common whilst 1700 is apparently the norm for the Dutch.

In England and personally I play at 1750 which I can only assume is because most tournaments in the country use that limit.

Do you ever play many games below 750? How often do you play Apocalypse sized games?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 21:18

1500 to 2000 myself. I play 2500 points only for Ard Boys (huge country wide tournment in the USA). I have played at 1000 points to but only a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 21:38

1500 is 'standard' in the UK I believe. ATM I play mstly 1250 but we're going up to 1500 and I have played a few 2000 point games. Back home in ireland it was 1500pts as well.

The bigger lists are more open to abuse I find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 22:50

It's usually 1500pts where I play, mostly to get two games into an evening. Occasionally 1250pts or 1750pts, and even 400-500pts for KT sometimes.

Local tournies are pretty much 1700-1750pts.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 22:59

I like small games (300-600 points aka "40K in 40 minutes" or old "Combat Patrol") because they are fun with some books.
Some things are utterly broken (SAG) but it's funny. Also it require clever list building because You just can't fill every slot.

Also 1500-2000 since odds of "lucky roll" beeing "winning roll" are pretty low. And frankly I believe 40k is ballanced on that level.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 23:21

1500 is the norm for me. It's a good level where most lists are reasonably balanced and is enough points for a good quick game. My LFGS had been playing a lot of tournaments at 2250. I didn't go to these because of the larger points. Against a good opponent you can get in a 2250 game in two hours. Against hacks you get in three turns.

I've never had the chance to use my DE in Apocalypse. I've only played my good old orks for those games. Loved every minute of it. I hope to have 3000pts of new stuff done for an Apocalypse game this summer.( I can field it now with my old stuff, but I want the game to be something that looks GOOD!)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 11:43

We play everything from 500pts to 2500pts.

But 2000pts is the most usual, as some dont got more points than that, and because I dont like playing DE above that :p

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 20:07

Mainly 2000pts, as low as 1000pts and as high as 5000. Use to play 2vs2 and 3vs3 2000pt games when there were more local players, now its just 1vs1 2000pts nearly all the time.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 23:00

Generally depends on what tournament season is. As thats what my LGS will be playing. But its always one of 4 options. 1750, 1850, 2k, 2.5k(only around 'Ard Boyz)

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 02:03

^^^
That pretty much sums me up.

I keep trying to sell them on smaller point level games though (I personally think some of the most interesting matchups happen in the 750-1250 range) also I support smaller games because I think it helps as a gateway drug to new players.

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 03:56

Basically, have only played 2k Apocalypse games with my Dark Kin, and that's basically been once a month at the FLGS Apocalypse day. I'm hoping to get some "regular" games in now that my gaming group is mostly back from assorted summer vacations...
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 06:01

Thor665 wrote:
^^^
That pretty much sums me up.

I keep trying to sell them on smaller point level games though (I personally think some of the most interesting matchups happen in the 750-1250 range) also I support smaller games because I think it helps as a gateway drug to new players.

I agree, 750-1250 matchups tends to be very interessting and fun. Usualy players get more focused and make less mistakes when handling less units aswell...

Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 13:15

My group plays 1500.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 16:28

I mostly play 1500- 2k points, which is about the size I know to be common in Germany.
In my grouß, i mostly play 1500pts, sometimes 2 in a row.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 20:20

1000 to 1500 points for me. I don't see a reason to go higher in my opinion.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 04:54

At the club I run we play apoco whenever we can but recently we have two newer players with smaller army's so we have been playing 1000pts and modified kill team games |250|. Once I have my modeled boards done and matching terrain built we will be doing ALOT more Apocalypse.

Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 05:21

We play an average of 1,500 for most club games. I have found that you can always get a full game done in under 3 hours. Plus, if a player wants to play horde style, its a bit more manageable because you dont have to move as many figures.

Skaven Blog
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 20:27

Anything from 500 to 2k pts is the norm for us. Apocalypse however we go all out for and try to play one every few months or so. The last one we had was 3v3 2k per player, we have done a 4v4 1500pts per player Apoc aswell but that was too unweidly with so many players and models so we stick to 2v2 or 3v3 2k each.

DE are as yet untested in Apoc for me so am quite looking forward to seeing how they fare
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 20:36

Usually 500 - 1000, mainly since I play at the local GW and we can only play there from 4 to 7 pm, so there's not much time... When I play at other places, it is more around 1500 points.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 23:45

Usually 1750 points for me, it's what most of the tournaments I go to are at now.
At the club I go to I drop down in points to play demo and intro games against newbies and the younger guys. It's important to get new players into the games and that happens at the lower point levels.
Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 14:52

2K is the norm for independent and most GT in Spain.

GW and some indies run 1750.

Haven't played at 1,5... since... (counting) 4th edition?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What points level do you play at the most?   What points level do you play at the most? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What points level do you play at the most?
Page 1 of 1