THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Angry Peasant's Dark Ones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

Angry Peasant's Dark Ones Empty
PostSubject: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 17:43

Hello Everyone,

I am starting this project at a very strange time in my life. Chasing my career, I recently moved from the San Francisco area to the New Orleans area. Along with me came my family which includes a pair of daughters (age 2 & 4). I am in temporary cramped housing conditions so I find myself with a lot of time to plan what to do but little space to actually do it! Hopefully before Christmas comes, I can find a house and set up my hobby workshop!

Army-wise, I like the idea of a band dark eldar that have taken over a spacehulk. They then use this wrecked piece of space junk to launch their raids from. I imagine, that the dark elder have modified the hulk so that they have some measure of control of it, so that it only appears like a giant flying piece of space junk.

Working off the space hulk theme, I found these plastic bases online!

http://www.champindustries.net/bases.html (Mods, my apologies for the link)

I like that they are plastic, and help convey the spacehulk theme.
Model wise, I would rate myself as a poor modeler. I mostly do some arm, head and weapon swaps, and some green stuff to fill in the gaps.

As my first purchase, I am torn between getting a box or scourges or perhaps the battle force. The rumor mill also has murmurs of an army box that is out there. Right now I am leaning towards the battle force because it gives you a nice selection of units. Does anyone know if the models in the battle force are simplified (like isle of blood models are) or if they are from the "normal" range of models?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 18:17

Only models from starter sets/board games/etc. are simplified (I think only exceptions are 3xMarine and 4xOrk Boy £5.50 boxes since You get "starter" models there).
You always get all sprues in Battle Force box (like in Orky Mega Force, You had Lootas + Burnas + KMB Mek bits).

Really good find with those bases.
[Hope You don't mind fixing link]
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 17:00

Super Small Update... my FLGS got in my "Mega Force". I will not be able to do anything until after I move into my new house... but soon (we close on the new house on Dec. 16th).

Back to top Go down
Gaston Garcon
Hellion
Gaston Garcon

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 17:18

Cool bases!

Like the Space Hulk-theme, maybe some genestealer parts as trophies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2011, 06:16

Update!

I moved into my new house and I am relatively settled... In any case, I put together a succubus and 10 wyches. I did use the bases that I linked earlier. Word of warning, they are a tiny smidge larger then the standard GW round base. I would guess about 1-2 mm.

In any case, I present my succubus... with some light conversion work... hated the spear thingy and the back trophy rack was a bit much. I considered scrapping the entire trophy rack for a more complete green stuffed cloak, but I chickened out at the end. Crying or Very sad

Quality wise, I think there were some small casting flaws but I was able to correct them (or file the half cast detail smooth!) to be servicable for my needs. The material itself was easy to work with and my conversions held well with just some super glue.

Angry Peasant's Dark Ones DSC_0112

For the wyches I wanted to start on ten basic troopers, and then go from there. Some of them have some funky leans, partially because I planned on having them look like they were action stars, and partially because of the non standard bases they are glued on. I figured you have all seen multiple wyches unpainted, so I just took a quick snap shot.

Angry Peasant's Dark Ones DSC_0113
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2011, 15:28

Very Nice. I like those bases too
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angry Peasant's Dark Ones   Angry Peasant's Dark Ones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angry Peasant's Dark Ones
Page 1 of 1