THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army build help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 14:57

Hi all, I require some help, I haven't been able to play my Dark Eldar yet and my local GW store dose 50 Power point matches, were you can just come in and play if these others around.
So I was wondering if anyone can help me with creating a 50 power point army of Dark Eldar, I just want a well balance set up and something to get me into 8th and dark eldar since I'll just be playing casually and not doing any forum of tournament or competitive matches.
Even any set up or a set of different ones to help me understand and get used to Dark Eldar and 8th.
What I have is.
2 Archons
1 succubus
2 Sslyh
4 Units of 10 kalablite warriors with blaster and splinter cannon each
2 Units of 10 wychs with shard gauntlets
3 units of 3 Reavers, each one has a blaster
1 unit of 10 hellions
4 venoms
3 raiders
3 units of 5 scourges each with blaster, splinter cannon and Dark lance
2 Ravagers one all Dark lances and one all distintgrators
1 Void raven bomber
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 15:00

The first thing I'd suggest, some people may argue, is a unit of mandrakes.

Their ability to appear on the board turn one (like most Deep Strikers) puts them quite high on my list, especially with the amount of firepower they can kick out. In my past two games, they managed to wipe in turn one a unit of Dark Reapers first, and then a unit of Devastators.
THey are SUCH a useful unitmfor removing a vital enemy firepower unit.

Past that, based on your other units, you need at least one more transport vehicle. A Venom would do it. You have enough for your units, but not your characters.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 15:19

well i can get an extra raider for my units to free up a venom, but just looking for something someone new can use and just get used to things.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 19:39

A sarmies go for a starting player, you'rte pretty covered. Warriors, Wyches, Transports and Ravagers are the mainstay of Dark Eldar (wuth the exceptio of Wyches who really aren't great and haven;t been for a while).
I think you're covered on the basics, and the best thing is to play with the more interesting units like Mandrakes or Incubi.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
angelrei
Hellion
angelrei

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 09:46

Well I just want to get into the game more with dark eldar, since I've only really played 3 games, one was in 7th in a big game at my GW store, were I spent most of the time missing with Guard, while a guy next to me with three Imperial Knights a war hound and a huge gun emplacement(I think, some forgeworld model) just killed everything in range, second was using a cousins Admech when 8th came out and spent half the game using cm instead of inches for the robots and tanks, third game was the same army against 3 imperial knights, were i got steam rolled. So just trying to play regularly and wanted my army to be Dark Eldar, so wanted to see set up I need with what I have to get used to things before i move onto the more interesting units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army build help   Army build help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army build help
Page 1 of 1