THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newbie Army build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 11:12

Hi while putting my army together I realize their are so many delicious options to choose from.But what puzzles me are there Kabals/Cults/Covens which compliment each other in a game,in other words do they work well together?For example I was thinking of running Obsidian Rose for ranged Kabal shooting,with Curse Blade Cult for MW in combat and AoF for tough fighty Wracks and Talos....is that a descent combo or their others to consider?

I have thought maybe one day I'd expand the  army to be able to run a pure Kabal/Cult or Coven.....but that's way in the future.
Back to top Go down
RisingDusk
Hellion
RisingDusk

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13 2022, 04:51

The only specific interplay between coven/kabal is the poisoned tongue and the dark creed. DC has a LD debuf and a penalty on combat attrition, the PT has a penalty on Combat attrition when it kills with poison

IF you can get the penalty's to stack that's a -1 on LD and a -2 on attrition
You can also use a strat (if you kill the enemy warlord) for an additional -1 on attrition and use the grisly trophy upgrade on a venom, to make the Ld Penalty -3

and if they are half strength their is a further -1 to the attrition test

This could combine to a total of -3 LD and a -4 on attrition tests (meaning they will run on rolls of 5 or less)

I mean this is the only combo within the book between the different factions.

However, some parts are easy-a dark creed venom can easily get w/i range for for the LD de-buff however stacking the other buffs depend on killing with specific units (warriors most likely as you have to do a kill with poison) or killing a specific model in melee (the enemy warlord)

Its a cool idea in theory but aside from the issue of having to have several things happen it is HIGHLY match up dependent

for example-this will do nothing against a custodies list with LD11, small squad sizes and their durability make this combo completely ineffective

Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13 2022, 11:31

RisingDusk wrote:

I mean this is the only combo within the book between the different factions.

I disagree, for starters, wych cults have the trophy takers custom obsession that can be included in leadership shenanigans.

Black heart is also a good faction for combo, with their +1 to PfP, you can charge a raider T1, and you need some melee units to fill that raider. I usually use grots and wracks, preferably from a coven that wants to be in a transport, usually the coven of twelve.

Or even just taking BH/OR raiders and filling them with wyches. one faction has better raiders, the other needs transport. I'd say that qualifies as complimenting each other.

In the same vein, if you want a shooty army, you could take DT coven, and a shooty kabal (I'd say OR/PT or merciless razorkin+torturous efficiency). take some DT raiders, equip them with disintegrator cannons, and fill them with warriors. DT disi are almost as good as dark lances vs vehicles and work better vs heavy infantry. To be honest I don't know how successful such a list would be but it sounds pretty unique
Back to top Go down
RisingDusk
Hellion
RisingDusk

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14 2022, 00:13

I would say that I would define that more as synergy than a combo. I feel that using shooty coven + shooty kabal is more of a synergy as it isn't specific to which shooty coven or kabal

i just felt that a combo would be more narrowed-its a specific interaction that specifically punished in an extreme way.

But I do agree that it is very helpful to double down on your strengths shooty+shooty helps you control the pace of the game, stabby+stabby will give you more board control. Being good at 1 thing can give you the edge to compensate for a bad phase with 1 unit, as others are they to pick up the slack.

I would also then like to add the custom trait for the trophy takes for the moral shenanigans combo, I hadn't read those in a while and it would combo well with poison tongue and dark creed, I appreciate the shout out.

in the end it is a splicing hairs kind of thing, as synergy's could just a easily be labeled as combos and in the end both work when considering building a list.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 16:38

The Poisoned Tongue-Dark Creed-Trophytaker Combo works well with Tormentors and PGLs.
Just wanted to mention those...

Newbie Army build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Army build    Newbie Army build  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Army build
Page 1 of 1