THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death Guard Codex

Go down 
+13
TheHostwiththeMost
mattblowers
|Meavar
amishprn86
FuelDrop
Deris87
Imateria
AshCrow
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Barrywise
Count Adhemar
Dark Elf Dave
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

Death Guard Codex - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 07:51

Points are out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deathguard40k/comments/7082v1/death_guard_points_costs_found_on_dakka/

*not mine
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 08:27

I think all the store got them yesterday and selling them today?
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 08:59

Yeah I think so. Here is my list so far:

Basically, the idea is to use the fact that we have both the Nurgle and Daemon keywords on our tanks.
Nurgle battalion consisting of Epidemius, a herald, 2x3 nurglings, 30 plague bearers, and 3x plague drones.
Then a Death guard Outrider detachment:
Consisting of a daemon prince w wings (Counting the points for the wings from the csm codex, its just a typo that we dont pay, not gonna abuse it) and 2x claws, 3x 1 blight drones (1 plague spitter 2 mower), and 2x plague burst w 2x entrapy cannon.
Super heavy:
Big Morty.
Comes to 1997
If I am allowed to take 4 detachments, I would drop the plague drones and 3 plague bearers and get an auxiliary CSM for a sorc w jumpack to shake and bake morty up the field. However, most competitive tournaments allow 3 it seems.
Basic strat is to use the nurglings deploy shenanigans and then screen the plague bursts with the plaguebearers (5++/5+++ -1 to hit is a pretty dirty screen)
The mob squad will be Morty, the Daemon prince w wings (warlord +1wound each turn, supp plate), 3 plague drones, and 3 blight drones rolling around with 10" or more movement. Not the fastest but damn right terrifying and tough as nails as everything in the army is a <Nurgle Daemon> with 5++/5+++.
Because of Epidemius, after I kill:
2 units I reroll 1's to hit
3 +1" movement
4 +1 strength
5 +1 toughness
6 +1 attack
7 units killed I can reroll 1's for DR. These apply to everything in the army.
Downside is that I dont really have great targets for the stratagems or psychic spells, although I can heal everything with herald (copied from my reddit post lol)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 15:56

I'm intrigued that they seem to be backing off the 'no more force multipliers' thread that was running through the rules for a grip.

I'm more hopeful about our future.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 16:13

Played against them last night and got absolutely butchered. They just don't seem to die (which is fine - they're supposed to be tough) but they also seem to have re-rolls for virtually everything so they hit like a ton of bricks too.

Now, it's fair to say that my dice were betraying me on an almost constant basis and I also didn't draw a single maelstrom card all battle that was for anything other than an objective in my opponents deployment zone but I basically bounced off them and then got slaughtered. 9 Wracks and an Haemonculus with Electrocorrosive Whip lost combat to a unit of bloody Poxwalkers!

Also, unless my opponent was massively cheating, they seem to be awfully cheap! He had about 50 Poxwalkers, 3 Hellbrutes, 3 Foetid Bloat Drones, some Plague Marines, Plague Drones, a Daemon Prince, Typhus, some Terminators, some Plaguebearers and some Nurglings which looks like a pretty big army!

Oh, and he's getting Mortarion and some Deathshroud so my next game will not be any easier!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 16:35

IDK his gear but i will add what i think he took

50 Poxwalkers is 300pts
3 Helbrutes around 380pts
3 Foetied Drones around 475
5 man Plague Marines lets say Blight Launcher 128
10 Plague Bears 70pts
Nurglings 54pts
Daemon Prince 150 base, idk if he had wings
Typhus 175
x2 Plague Drones 100pts
And Blightlord Termies is 190

This is 2050pts, so he could have done it with 2k easily, i added a couple options i think are a must, but he might not have done so.

Yeah its a though army for sure.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 19:11

Jeah I also played against them in a small battle 750

I got butchered.
He seemed to reroll pretty much everything. A bad decision and some bad luck on my part
Failed to kill both a unit nurglings turn 1 and his sorcerer surviving with 1 wound. While my transport was shot in 1 turn, by a single hellbrute (the only thing that could target him after moving).
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 21:58

So there is a huge power difference between the index armies and the codex armies ... Just looking at what's been release ... Index armies were balances against other index armies and codex armies "seem" to be balanced against other codex armies so we will struggle until our own codex arrives ... But I really do like the direction the codex are going ...
I haven't played against death guard yet but I might this weekend so I'll see for myself how strong they be
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 21:11

Just to check, he summoned the daemons right? If he deployed them, he was running a chaos detatchment, not deathguard as the daemons do not have <death guard> keyword.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 21:49

In my game I think he summoned the Blight Drones and Plaguebearers but not the Nurglings.
Back to top Go down
TheHostwiththeMost
Kabalite Warrior
TheHostwiththeMost

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29 2017, 21:51

Yeah, he cheated then =/  Probably not intentionally though.  I had the same confusion:

"what do you mean I cant take units in the troops section of my codex as troops!?"

It confused the hell out of me.  But alas, they do not have the keyword.  They are just in there for the purpose of summoning.

Because he deployed nurglings his army became chaos instead which means no relics or strats from DG.
Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 18:09

Precisely, they are not Scions of Mortarion, so you don't get the Inexorable Advance or Plague host (ob sec) either, right?

I cheated in the same manner once when I played CSM and deployed plaguebearers. I lost the game though so I didn't feel that bad about it (plus, I apologized). :-)
Back to top Go down
Salen
Slave
Salen

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 09:50

Rule to support that DG lose rules after summon? My friend play DG and argue with this rule
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 11:18

I would say no problem for your if you summon, summons must abide by the restrictions on the army. And summoning demons will make the army a chaos army instead of a deathguard army. But the detachments which gave all those goodies like stratagems and inexorable advance won't change.

That is under the assumption that since the summoned units did not cost a slot in the force orginazition card they are not part of any detachments even if they are part of the army.
I think there is no reason why you would suddenly get extra CP (or lose some) since you get more units and thus get an extra/bigger detachment, cannot summon a unit because your detachment was filled or something similar.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 12:16

If you summon your Army stays a death guard army. If you put them on the table at the beginning you become a chaos army not a death guard one.
Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10 2017, 21:04

That's exactly my interpretation as well. Summoning is ok, deployment from start is not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Guard Codex   Death Guard Codex - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Guard Codex
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3