THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos load out wording

Go down 
+3
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Red Corsair
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

Talos load out wording Empty
PostSubject: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 04:00

So the wording on the talos entree is odd. It starts with two macro scalpels and says you can replace one scalpel with a twin liquifier or ichor injector. Is the wording telling us it's a one to one trade or is it telling us we are limited. I think it is a 1:1 trade otherwise you cannot equip a talos with both a twin liquifier and an ichor injector which would be strange as well. So what are your thoughts and arguments? Can I run a Talos with two twin liquifiers?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 04:35

The core word being one, you cannot replace two macro scalpels with twin liquifiers or ichor injectors.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 05:37

Indeed. If you could do both, it would state "you may replace any Macro scalpel with either..."
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 07:38

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk
Back to top Go down
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 14:56

Fair enough, I could see it being argued both ways though since some gear requires replacement of both weapons for other units. Too bad, it would still suck but dual twin liquifiers may have at least been fun.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 15:02

This is the same argument that Space Marine players attempted to use for years to give their ICs multiple relics.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 19:56

With a high likelihood of a codex by Christmas 2018, is it worth running differently before then? I'd like to buy new models... But I don't know if it is a good idea before a codex drops...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 22:45

That's over a year away. If you like them then use them.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 22:55

Is there any info pointing at a December 2018 codex ? pale
Did i miss something ? That seems far more distant than what the GW release schedule hinted at...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13 2017, 05:03

Mppqlmd wrote:
Is there any info pointing at a December 2018 codex ?  pale
Did i miss something ? That seems far more distant than what the GW release schedule hinted at...

No he is just guessing, im better all codex's will be out very quickly after Christmas b.c they dont have the holidays sales/vacations and chapter approve of faqs ot worry about.

They've only gave us time line for the 1st 10 dex's and said the others will be out quickly. We will most likely see an announcement about the others when all 10 of these are completed.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 20:54

Absolutely a guess. There was one comment a while back saying they want all the codexes released within the following year. Hopefully it is sooner. So I have no info on exactly when the codex will drop.

I'm just leery of making major changes to weapon loadouts before then. Of course, it also takes me a few years to paint an army.

Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21 2017, 18:37

Myrvn wrote:
I'm just leery of making major changes to weapon loadouts before then. Of course, it also takes me a few years to paint an army.

I'd suggest magnetizing. Here's a really good example (jump to 4:50).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATD7A8cSi9s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talos load out wording   Talos load out wording I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos load out wording
Page 1 of 1