THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

cheap 1k list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
forest90
Hellion

cheap 1k list Empty
PostSubject: cheap 1k list   cheap 1k list I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23 2017, 14:50

still getting back into DE and trying to get a feel for were to start investing, obviously trying to find a in expensive core and able to compete semi competitive.  here is a cheap list focusing on the classic venom spam with (hopefully) enough melee to clean up soft units.

HQ- lelith hesperax

elite-5x hekatrix bloodbride: razor flails, splinter pistol, agonizer>(syren)
elite-5x hekatrix bloodbride: razor flails, splinter pistol, agonizer>(syren)

troop-5x wyches: razor flails, splinter pistol, agonizer>(hekatrix)

transport>6x venom:2x splinter cannons

its pretty simplistic but the points worked out evenly and going to rely on combat drugs a bit but heres the run down (local meta perspective)

each unit gets its own venom and I figure rolling for drugs to better the chances of duplicate good ones, namely grave lotus and adrenalight, however I can select 1 of each if choose the route. lelith was a bit of a fluffy choice but she is a force to recon with and pick off enemy characters, and should be able to bubble wrap with the number of wyches.   Typical game play would start in a corner and blitz the venoms across the field trying to find a fat squad of conscripts or ork boys to unload all the splinter cannons in double tap range, possible drop and charge wyches turn one for a fast kill.  Facing more SM/chaos players may have to drop wyches on  objectives and just let the venoms do their thing with luck. vehicles will be a issue but even a 6s, the volume of firepower should be able to down a few if concentrated as one force.   the units being so small does concern me they wont be able to survive overwatch from conscript style units but as always, if they can get into combat they will have better survivability and as above, hope the venom:splinter spam will soften the target units enough.

As said pretty straight forward going back to older play style of just avoiding mechs as much possable and focusing on the lightning fast blitz. very first turn dependent, but any thoughts ideas comments?  conflict sparks creativity so don't be afraid to criticize.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

cheap 1k list Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheap 1k list   cheap 1k list I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23 2017, 15:59

Some immediate concerns;

I think Lelith isn't worthwhile over a standard Succubus. She's better against characters, but any character that you can charge with her is probably going to be one that you really don't want to charge. Taking a cheap Archon and Succubus will be only 5 points more expensive and net you an additional two command points by letting you upgrade to a Battalion Detachment.

Don't take Razor Flails, take Hydra Gauntlets if you can. Rerolling wounds is much better than re-rolling to hit, when you're already re-rolling to hit rolls of 1 when in range of a Succubus.

The complete lack of any anti-armour or anti-tank weaponry seems like a definite issue; Venoms aren't so fast that you'll be able to avoid them completely, especially if you want to be in rapid fire range. And in my experience, even with massed fire splinter weapons are terrible at hurting vehicles.

In general, I've not been having much success at all with Wyches, so a full list of them strikes me as one that isn't going to do well - but if you find differently, or just want to play a fluffy army, then go for it. Venoms are great, though.
Back to top Go down
forest90
Hellion

cheap 1k list Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheap 1k list   cheap 1k list I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23 2017, 16:15

as mentioned i only have the book atm so im just playing with ideas from what i used to have, and maby dig out of the closet and find. which is why i want ehe critique. i originaly played a starter box and added extra raiders/ravagers then included cronos/talos. since im starting over financial burden is limiting me from just buying someone elses 2nd hand which i may do long run anyway. should i perhaps swap wyches for kabalites and brides for scourge? focusing more on any mech? if finding my local meta, and possably over all meta, is becoming swarm based games 200+conscripts, 200 boyz, 300 gaunts/gants ect. just like everyone is playing Fodder builds and just complimenting with a occasional tank or walker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cheap 1k list Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheap 1k list   cheap 1k list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cheap 1k list
Page 1 of 1